European Elections 2019

Suspect this may make a few of the Con hopefuls rethink about their bid.

1559057883187.png

They are trotting out the whole 40% pro remain vs 35% pro leave thing out as some kind of "message" that the country has changed its mind.

Casually forgetting of course, that people vote for Greens and Lib Dems for a number of reasons, climate change, local issues, amnesty for refugees, economics... As well as strong ties with Europe. And of course the old favourite "voted for them all me life, mate".

The Brexit Party however, has one single policy. To leave the EU. Every single person who voted for them (protest or otherwise) did so for that sole reason. And the fact they've only been up and running for SIX weeks. Yes, weeks... There can be no lifelong loyalty voters like the other parties.

If anything, it should be a sonic boom of a wake up call these delusional ratbags like Soubry and Thornberry need to finally understand that for once in their miserable, pointless existence, they were voted to carry out the will of the people and not themselves.

Thicker than a Gurkha's foreskin, the lot of them.
Whilst I like your post I am worried by the last sentence.
How do you know?

An irresistible force vs an immovable object....given that Bercow has stated today that Parliament will block a No Deal...
Hold a General Election, put a Brexit party candidate up against Bercow......

....new speaker required.

Someone on twitter mentioned he was standing down in July? The longer Bercow literally meddles with democracy the more support BXP will get.

Someone on twitter mentioned he was standing down in July? The longer Bercow literally meddles with democracy the more support BXP will get.
Knowing that he will lose his seat and his position as the worst Speaker ever. Even Speaker Martin wasn't so corrupt and biased.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Knowing that he will lose his seat and his position as the worst Speaker ever. Even Speaker Martin wasn't so corrupt and biased.
That’s saying something, but totally agree!

Well I bring you the perfect new President of the EU, he is an MEP, He is a member of the largest block group EPP, he has experience of leading a country, yes its the one and only Silvio Berlusconi , yep he is an MEP now.

He knows all about corruption, is a fun time charlie, likes a drink and party, eye for the ladies, no different than the last clown.

Salvini wrong to bang fists on table at EU -Berlusconi - English

Well I bring you the perfect new President of the EU, he is an MEP, He is a member of the largest block group EPP, he has experience of leading a country, yes its the one and only Silvio Berlusconi , yep he is an MEP now.

He knows all about corruption, is a fun time charlie, likes a drink and party, eye for the ladies, no different than the last clown.

Salvini wrong to bang fists on table at EU -Berlusconi - English
Bunga bunga!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Re-negotiation? There never was any negotiation in the first place. Phase One, no negotiation until £39bn Danegeld agreed. TM: Oh all right then. Phase 2: EU dictates withdrawal terms and TM spends two years pretending that she and her satraps are negotiating when actually they are getting no more than DC got in his pretence of getting EU changes, namely Zilch. Backstop? TM OK then but don't tell anybody. When it all blew up in her face she threw away her deadline and everything else, trying to spin things out ad infinitum so that she, a Remainer, could leave us tied into the EU forever. Her hypocrisy, betrayal of the people and deceit were absolute.

It's only a convention that no one stands against the speaker, and the speaker is all for breaking convention when it suits him

It would only be fair he had a taste of his own medicine
If we end up going for a GE and Bercow is still in the chair, it would definitely be in BXPs interest to defy convention and run against him. Don’t know if he’s in a strong Remain or Leave constituency.

As an aside, it utterly beggars belief that it’s so ridiculously difficult to remove a Speaker. (I fully appreciate the bar should be a high one to stop short term party politics affecting the supposed neutrality of the speaker.)

I read just recently Bercow has no intention of standing down.

It seems to me Bercow is becoming some sort of self-appointed prevent Brexit instrument.

He should be removed from his current position.