European Defence - they just wont give up!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Jun 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's the rush to a European Superstate that baffles me.
    I accept that there must never be another European war which will rip the continet apart, much to the benifit of the USA and the upcumming Nations of the Far East.
    But as the Euro has demonstrated some cunties are "Worlds" apart in their state of developement.
    And this Turkey as part of Europe ! "We" have protected Turkey since the days of Crimea but the Boshphorus has always been the start of Asia and in my opionon should stay so. King George says we should accept them let them becum 53 state of US now ya TURK would go for that.
    How many European government could afford a first class millitary ? Italy is bankrupt as a nation and The Frog has exsisted on the back of Germany for years. They cannot afford a Euro Military capable of being a World class power. 100-50 years down the road maybe.
    john

2. I suppose we can get the Europe Defence Force into world class if they redirect all the money they spend on CAP on it.

3. Oh dear...another pipedream... :D

Good spot!

4. Thext it will be Online Sandhurst! Leadership from the sofa and web based longreach!!