European Court of Human Rights goes barking mad

NSP

LE
I can see that going the way of all things France doesn't agree with (assuming France disagrees and takes typically Gallic umbrage). We'd have paid up already, and offered interest and probably asylum, too.

Edited to add: Scooped by Jarrod. Again...

NSP

LE
Worked for the Russians (shooting the pirates, I mean)!

You just couldn't make it up.

Time to do away with this monstrosity?.

link,

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30326397
As you appear to be on a one man anti EU crusade with three similarly themed new threads in one morning, I have had the campaign vehicle POL'd and made ready for you.

aa_Ford%20Cortina%202000%201981%20Crusader%20badge.jpg

D

Deleted 60082

I'm not here defending the pirates - but the court case was not about the charges that were preferred - it was the failure of France to comply with arrest procedures - and there are procedures in place to extend the period of arrest, which the French authorities didn't follow. If I was arrested by the French (or any other country subject to the ECHR), and I was held under these conditions - in effect, unlawfully - I'd be seeking recompense, too. Ain't it a b!tch to live in a society where there is the Rule of Law, with little political interference, with the inherent Right to appeal (qv 'Lee Rigby Muzzie Killers thread...blah, blah...). It's called a liberal democracy, get over it.

NSP

LE
It is a bit ironic - if not extremely cheeky - for them to complain about being detained for 48hrs longer than they should have been, all things considered.

Last edited:
As you appear to be on a one man anti EU crusade with three similarly themed new threads in one morning, I have had the campaign vehicle POL'd and made ready for you.

aa_Ford%20Cortina%202000%201981%20Crusader%20badge.jpg

Too much time and not enough to do. It's not morning here and the ECHR is not an EU institution.

Daz

LE
Too much time and not enough to do. It's not morning here and the ECHR is not an EU institution.

However the EU has signed up to the ECHR and all EU laws, in effect, must be ECHR compliant .....Not to mention that for a country to be a member of the EU, they also need to have signed up to the ECHR.

offog

LE
I'm not here defending the pirates - but the court case was not about the charges that were preferred - it was the failure of France to comply with arrest procedures - and there are procedures in place to extend the period of arrest, which the French authorities didn't follow. If I was arrested by the French (or any other country subject to the ECHR), and I was held under these conditions - in effect, unlawfully - I'd be seeking recompense, too. Ain't it a b!tch to live in a society where there is the Rule of Law, with little political interference, with the inherent Right to appeal (qv 'Lee Rigby Muzzie Killers thread...blah, blah...). It's called a liberal democracy, get over it.

You make far too much sense and will not make many friends amongst the anti-all-things-EU (Even if the ECHR is not an EU court) clan even if you are right.

I take it they are still in jail so the French will up the cost of keeping them and take it out of their settlement.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Line 'em up, I'll knock 'em down!

Do you need anybody to reload and clean the weapons? I'll do it if I can have a go at a couple, especially if your trigger finger gets tired.

Latest Threads