Europe riots, all about fuel, honest

French government in a tizzy as Italy wades into the dispute,

philc

LE
French government in a tizzy as Italy wades into the dispute,

Italy V France has been simmering for months, first shots being fired by France by driving illegals back in to Italy and dumping them.

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
As an article on the riots this is pretty much "same same", but as an example of sensationalist journalism it's a cracker:

Man loses arm during ‘yellow vest’ protests in Paris

"Man loses arm" becomes "Man loses hand" while the official police response is "man loses four fingers when a flash bang he is touching goes off" (probably followed by the French equivalent of "he's not lost them, they're over there.....)

As an article on the riots this is pretty much "same same", but as an example of sensationalist journalism it's a cracker:

Man loses arm during ‘yellow vest’ protests in Paris

"Man loses arm" becomes "Man loses hand" while the official police response is "man loses four fingers when a flash bang he is touching goes off" (probably followed by the French equivalent of "he's not lost them, they're over there.....)
That really is careless

It was the Carnival Parade here this afternoon. 'Here' being in CH/Jura, about 5km from the border with France.
One of the 'floats' depicted, alternately, French Plod matraquing a 'Gilet Jaune' vehicle then leaping into the vehicle when the gilet-clad occupants leapt out.
The 'gilet jaunes' then attacked the now-Plod vehicle, until Plod legged it and the 'gilet jaunes' leapt in.
Rinse and repeat.
It was a clever piece of street theatre.
I particularly appreciated the word play of this poster:
IMG_0975.JPG

Most violent week yet.

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
I have to admit I thought it had all gone way, as the news from the Eurozone had been filled with Brexit. Hey ho, carry on!

Not gone away, they have just changed tactics although the proper Gilets Jaunes need to distance themselves from the great unwashed who turn up late afternoon and it then kicks off largeo.
Normally at the cops and property, banks etc.
Today was a great shame inasmuch as the favourite restaurant of many government ministers and politicians local to the Senate got burnt to the ground.
Merely a coincidence I'm sure.
Don't know if this is common knowledge in the UK but as part of the schmoozing process Macron has been out and about meeting the common people, pressing the flesh and sending ministers out of the Paris bubble to see what the taxpayers think about things.
Normally meetings in local town halls etc, but here in the country all the local Mairies have an open door and office where there is a book of grievances, anyone can write in them, and those are transmitted weekly to Paris.
Over a pint in the bistro tonight whilst watching the game, I was speaking to a guy who has been a councillor here for 25+ years and is i/c the said book of grief.
He said that all of the current issues being entered in said book of grief are exactly the same issues from June 1789 and we all know what that started.
The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and nothing appears to be getting better for the working man here.
Make of that what you will.
Brexit hardly merits a mention here either.

LepetitCaporal

Old-Salt
And apparently an assault rifle was nicked from one of the police / CRS vehicles. Lots of folk injured especially when protestors pulled down iron gate which fell onto them...

Riot police clash with Paris protesters

T
Albeit it was nice to see CRS latest toys on display at Eurosatory in June.View attachment 364883View attachment 364884
That's the Polis
Check out the Gendarmerie toys
VIB (véhicule d ' intervention blindée (armoured) with the plough, now called the VRBG ,equiped with gas launchers, and was put to use this Saturday. .(18 th week running)
Macron live on TV tonight say's, no more
We shall see

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Ah, it's Spring, and lots of pretty yellow flowers are out ..

Just one dead protester and it will really kick off. It will be au revoir Macron and the EU even before Brexit.
The opposite could also happen. If the anarchists/extreme left wing get filmed attacking soldiers it could also destroy much of the support that is left for the Yellow Vests.

Latest Threads