Europe riots, all about fuel, honest

It would appear that Valerie is a housewife with two kids at school and protests daytime.
You have housewives in the U.S. don't you, or has Trump had them all rounded up?
Welcome to 2019, if you have time to gripe you have time to get a Job and work. Very few women here are "house wives", as most are to busy helping provide for a family. Equal opportunity means you can get off your arrse and contribute.

Slightly off the wall suggestion for the French, but considering Britain in the 1980s lowered taxes and as a result actually increased tax revenue, could France do the same?
The short answer is no.
There are a large number of taxes and deductions here for anyone working and also for employers.
All run from different offices and agencies employing in themselves a large number of fonctionnaires.
Basically if you employ someone in France and pay them the minimum wage of €1600 a month, you will also pay the government €1600 a month in health, pension and unemployment fund contributions.
Crazy but true, a very high percentage of start-ups normally fail in their second or third years due to agencies (such as URSSAF- the social) wanting 3 months worth of contributions up front in one hit.
€6,000 in one hit for a one man band butcher shop is a lot of dosh before you even pay the other taxes and try to take a wage.

Looting banks in Toulouse.

Still going on

"We want him out, but we also want the police to stop wounding us with their Flash Ball weapons,’ said Jacques Caron, a 33-year-old Yellow Vest, who was on the street close to Place de la Bastille."

Don't know about getting Macron out, but I suggest the best way to prevent Police firing at you, and this is a bit 'out there' in terms of logic so bear with me, is to, wait for it, "stop setting fire to things and rioting". How does that sound hmm?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Seems Macron may finally be taking the hint!
Macron considers calling a Yellow Vest referendum in May | Daily Mail Online
I reckon the first, and only, name will be his.
It doesn't seem to me that this is much of a concession - he's asking the populous to vote on whether or not he should carry out one of his previous campaign promises. I see this as a shallow attempt to distract the voters during the European elections; as in "vote for me and I'll make the changes that I promised you the last time that you voted for me". Will the French voters fall for it? I predict that the red scarves will, but the yellow vests will not.

"We want him out, but we also want the police to stop wounding us with their Flash Ball weapons,’ said Jacques Caron, a 33-year-old Yellow Vest, who was on the street close to Place de la Bastille."

Don't know about getting Macron out, but I suggest the best way to prevent Police firing at you, and this is a bit 'out there' in terms of logic so bear with me, is to, wait for it, "stop setting fire to things and rioting". How does that sound hmm?
Quite. I was in Rouen on Saturday and there was a largish march there. I also noticed three or four banks with smashed up glass and cashpoints or yellow paint thrown on them. Actually I was quite surprised at the forbearance of the police - holding up the traffic so they could march around, though the big boys were sitting in their vans by the station just in case, clocking up the over time I hope.

As far as I'm aware (brother's lived in France 30 years) the protests cover a wide range of grievances, from fuel prices, policy over energy sources, population replacement and other issues that affect the broader population who, like many in France live in rural towns and villages. I take the point made by @Dicky Ticker , but it seems that the police are using their weaponry on a fairly broad basis and with any excuse. The crowds don't have to be violent or rowdy for them to get the tear gas out and the rubber bullets.. Journalists and vlogers have also been targeted. If you're on Twitter, then David Dufresne (@davduf) on Twitter has been keeping a log of a few hundred incidents so far. There's so little coverage here about both the protests and the issues, that it's quite difficult to keep up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 4
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 1
Electromagnetic The Intelligence Cell 6