Eurofighter flying circuits at Wattisham

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by witchcraft, Nov 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yeah, noise, speed, much more fun than helicopters!

2. Been playing Microsoft Flight sim again have you?

3. A BAe 146 did a few approaches today.

It's like an airfield round here lately! Must put a complaint in :)

WTZ

4. I wondered what it was - It didn't seem loud enough to be interesting. BA planning new routes?

5. Was that a servicable Lynx I saw flying or was it a Mirage :wink:

6. Yeah, package tours from Stowmarket International to Ibiza!

Contraceptives supplied.

:safe:

WTZ

7. Like this one I saw? (oops, left his e-mail address in....)

Name : ahchapman@talk21.com
    Information : I live in Framlingham where almost daily we have two military-looking helicopters coming over repeatedly, and sometimes at low level. They are, frankly, noisy and disturbing and we should like to know who they are and what they are doing. I\'ve come across this site which suggests they are Apaches from Wattisham, in which case are we within their permitted low flying zone (LFA 10)? Can you please advise or refer me to an authority for clarification?

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Oh dear just emailed the tosser...

9. Good to see proper flying at RAF Wattisham for a change.

;)

10. Helpful You are such a T*@t. I hope you die of a horrible death.....Soon :D

11. He obviously doesn't remember the Voodoos, Phantoms and A10s from the twin bases. Kids today...

12. Probably some tw@t who's just moved out from Landun and didn't bother to find out about what happens around and about before taking up residence (apart from the 'keys in the ashtray' sort). :roll:

13. As the yanks say to all noise complainers - "It's the sound of freedom sir!" In otherwords, fcuk off and get a life! Oh and it's not RAF Wattisham, the crabs left over 10 years ago, just like Lynx will start to leave within the next 7 months :cry:

14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Don't forget the F-100s (augmented from Wethersfield) with their bizarre running tech defect that I can't now remember - but it was "get down quick" like turret drive failure in a Hunter ...

15. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Oh good grief, when my parents retired to the West Country (after some 20 years being 12 miles finals for 27R at EGLL) I spent hours checking LFAs, TAPs and everything else I could think of to ensure they got some peace ... and then VLN had an un-published LL heli-route up the Tamar ...
    Never mind, helos don't bother anyone, do they?