Eukanuba dog food.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Kirsty, Feb 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently got my new Alaskan Malamute puppy, ( absolutely adorable).
    I have been feeding him on Eukanuba Puppy Large breed, but the other day I was told that the company that owns Eukanuba test the dog food on animals (and I dont just mean seeing if they like the taste), by breaking the dogs leg and seeing how well the dog heels on their food. To anybodys knowledge is this true, or is it spread by animal rights groups. I have always tried to ensure that my dogs recieve the best, especially for the first year of growing. When they are older they do tend to get spoiled with their food (smoked salmon, venison and even grouse), but I would rather not feed them on anything that has come about by other dogs suffering.
  2. Actually they force feed the dog through a funnel, like geese for foi gras and then they shoot them with a 9mm to see if the nuclear waste has given the dog super powers!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. I wouldn't imagine it came to heel very easily with a broken leg! 😉

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 2
  4. How does dog food heal a dogs broken leg. Surely a bit of surgery and a bandage is more suitable?
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

most of this is put out by the anti vivisection crowd and wound up out of proportion like the training army medics on drugged up pigs. just about every producer has some skeleton in the closet about animal testing.

if you want to test the dog food is properly balanced then its possible a lab will use clinically damaged animals to do a range of studies to make sure there is enough nutrition in there. it's a needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few scenario.

I would have thought it was better to have a food which can help the repair of an animal as it should mean there is what you want in there to help it grow. I'd rather they broke a dogs leg than grew it with a substandard food and the problems associated with calcium deficiency.

6. Well that's put me off buying their food if they only use a 9mm...hermers.
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Never seen it done but I suppose it might work. You should ask the badger diggers. They are not shy when it comes to training dogs.

Personally I tend to shout HEEL and point at my heel. You need to clip the hairy little ******* around the ears a few times, but dogs learn fast. If they do not, I tend to kneck them and throw them in the river. Then get one of their litter mates and start again.

I really cannot see how breaking their legs will help. Unless you break their legs then go HEEL. They will stay there on account of their broken legs. But when you say "walk on" the job is a bit fucked, eh?

Are you from America?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. My Alsatian pup used to thrive on Butcher's Tripe
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Eukanuba is ancient Latin for "fleece the animal's owner for some scientific sounding dog scran, which you can pay 1/10th of the cost for the same kind of stuff from Asda".

Some of the above may have been lost in translation but the gist of it is correct.
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Eukanuba is owned by Procter & Gamble. I suspect the story about breaking legs is just that, although what they get up to in Septic-land is generally beyond me.

Ask Ugly, he's got good advice on dog nutrition.
  11. TheIronDuke

Allow me to help those of us who suffered a secondary school education. Procter & Gamble. Those lovely people who invented the same product, from the same production line, for humans. They call it Pringles.

Horse meat in the food chain? Do a Google on Soylant Green. It is a matter of time.
  12. TheIronDuke

Three minutes ahead of me there you young whippersnapper. P&G. While the whole world bleats on about being fet shite horsemeat instead of mechanically reclaimed cow meat, P&G is researching huge chemical processes to feed us and our dogs, kids and Nannies pure shite.

I would rather eat a horses anus raw than a Pringles. At least a horses arse is organic and I would recognise the ingredients.
  13. Personally I'd not feed Eukanuba to my Pup, too much in the way of byproducts and grains in my opinion.
    • Like Like x 2