Euchre Scoring

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by biffins-bridge, Jan 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having spent many happy hours whiling away my time playing the great game of Euchre I decided it was about time I taught the kids to play the veritable sport of kings. Unfortunately too much Herfy obviously killed the brain cells and I can't remember how to score. I think it was:

We call and win 3 or 4 tricks together = 1 point
    We call and win 5 tricks together = 2 points
    We call and one partner goes down and we win 5 tricks = 4 points
    They call and we win 3 or more tricks (we Euchre them)= 2 points
    They call and one partner goes down and we win 5 tricks = 4 points

Is that about it?

2. Yep, thats about it

Unless you include the uber strict rules

a point for table talk

Losing the deal for not offering the pack back for cutting (or a point, depending how strict you play)

3. MM, coming out with those extra rules makes me think I'm back at Wainscott!

4. I learned to play Euchre whilst serving with 2ADER but have never seen it played in other non-RE units. Is it an RE game? Does anyone know how and where it originated?

5. 'Chatham Rules' ! :0)

Sluggy, sarcasm is not sexy!............................................but it is funny :0)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you my dear, it's comforting to have efficient staff to take the tedium out of ones day and leave one free for the more important things in life.

PS, what does the link say?

• Like Like x 1
  7. You must always deal the Benny from the bottom and your partner must instantly recognize your signs for the 4 suits and no matter how amicably it starts the game must always end in loud accusations of cheating and a teddy sans arms and legs being well and truly thrown

That’s about it

• Like Like x 1
  8. I thought it was
    They call and we win 3 or more tricks (we Euchre them)= 2 points
    They call and one partner goes down and we win 3 tricks = 4 points

A euchre is a euchre.

9. You should always know where the Benny is when you are dealing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. And somebody always has to say "have you got a string on the benny, or what?"

11. It's got numbers in, it made no sense to me, but there were some pretty pictures.

12. Is, without doubt, the best summary of the game i have heard.

• Like Like x 1
  13. One point and loss of deal if the dealer does a bum deal and doesn't realise BEFORE turing the top card over.

14. Pick it up, go down, Benny, Left, Right, Ace, King, 4 Points, I thank you. Said with the biggest smuggest grin ever

• Like Like x 2