Euan Goodman - Afghanistan photos

Excellent! Thanks WB for posting those.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Wow! Powerful piccies indeed. Great find and thanks for posting. But the 13th piccie down. What was Madonna doing in Helmand Province?

MsG

14th pic down - fella on the right - good to see the Mexican 'tache making a come back.

" (He) used the type of camera that he would normally use to shoot celebrities in a studio.
The photographs have gone through the same post-production process that he would use for a commercial shoot, adding contrast, sharpening the images, and desaturating the colours. For Wilson, the post-production editing enabled him to crush the tones and recreate exactly the harsh glare of the sun in the Helmand desert. "

Which makes all the difference. If only K25 was alive...Manipulating the RAW image is an area I'd fancy getting into when I have the time. One small point of criticism is over-the-top treatment of sky in the landscape, either by polarising it or on the computer. But then, some of my masterpieces look like they were shot on Mars, so I can't complain.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
14th pic down - fella on the right - good to see the Mexican 'tache making a come back.

Love the centre guys expression - "Fcuk. Off."

Thank you for posting that.