Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EU - Whither or wither the European Union

Those pesky yellow vests!

Hmm... imagine the uproar if our police had used similar tactics on the "extinction" protestors. Mind you it would be funny seeing the looks on the twats faces as they were given a heathy, head clearing spray of cs gas followed by a good twatting with riot batons :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hmm... imagine the uproar if our police had used similar tactics on the "extinction" protestors. Mind you it would be funny seeing the looks on the twats faces as they were given a heathy, head clearing spray of cs gas followed by a good twatting with riot batons :)
Especially if they all been glued together, hand in hand!

Verhofstadt has just been crowing about the EU army. Meanwhile Romania is presiding over the EU! this is not just any old job share. This is Scary stuff.

May 31, 2019
Britain’s leadership crisis pales in comparison to the EU’s
By Damien Phillips | @Damien_Phillips

MPs and EU Commissioners intent on preventing Brexit should look to the disastrous Romanian Presidency of the EU Council, the country’s accompanying domestic emergency, and the EU’s utter failure to get to grips with it for the truly sobering reality of the state of the European project, says Damien Phillips.

Britain’s leadership crisis pales in comparison to the EU’s

Some interesting comments under the article.

Swiss-EU friction rises in lead up to expiry of stock market equivalence
"In 2018, Switzerland and the EU struck a deal to extend Swiss stock market equivalence until 30 June 2019, a date fast approaching."

"However, stock market equivalence, like trade access, can be used as a bargaining chip for other things. And, this is what appears to be happening with Swiss stock exchange equivalence."

"The EU has been pressuring Switzerland to sign up to a broader deal with the bloc and appears to be using the imminent expiry of stock market equivalence as a pressure point."

link to article: Swiss-EU friction rises in lead up to expiry of stock market equivalence

The Swiss stock exchange is about to lose the sought-after equivalence status in the European Union. But SIX, the Swiss operator, has put emergency measures in place.

"The EU has manifestly used the status of the stock exchange as a means to force through the so-called framework agreement. Switzerland has been reluctant to sign the agreement, partly because trade unions worry that the changed set of rules would negatively influence Swiss wages, which in general are significantly higher than in surrounding countries."

Exchange Equivalence: Swiss Emergency Measures

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Brussels must be in a state of shock, Switzerland has the gall to ignore their bullying and hold out for a fair deal ! I wonder if the EU have the skills and will to deal with this successfully? I doubt it!

Swiss-EU friction rises in lead up to expiry of stock market equivalence
"In 2018, Switzerland and the EU struck a deal to extend Swiss stock market equivalence until 30 June 2019, a date fast approaching."

"However, stock market equivalence, like trade access, can be used as a bargaining chip for other things. And, this is what appears to be happening with Swiss stock exchange equivalence."

"The EU has been pressuring Switzerland to sign up to a broader deal with the bloc and appears to be using the imminent expiry of stock market equivalence as a pressure point."

link to article: Swiss-EU friction rises in lead up to expiry of stock market equivalence

The Swiss stock exchange is about to lose the sought-after equivalence status in the European Union. But SIX, the Swiss operator, has put emergency measures in place.

"The EU has manifestly used the status of the stock exchange as a means to force through the so-called framework agreement. Switzerland has been reluctant to sign the agreement, partly because trade unions worry that the changed set of rules would negatively influence Swiss wages, which in general are significantly higher than in surrounding countries."

Exchange Equivalence: Swiss Emergency Measures
“ come now......etc. Nose cutting despite face in progress”

So many threads but which to put this in?

Last week we learned that the new ECB boss is the IMF boss who was convicted of negligence.

Next...

1562536192419.png

Authorities have created an evacuation zone around the area that includes the site of the European Central Bank (ECB), and much of the city's east end on both sides of the Main River. (It's an American one this time but don't blame Donald) Major evacuations in Frankfurt over World War II bomb | DW | 07.07.2019

Next...

1562536665357.png

Deutsche Bank to axe 18,000 jobs | DW | 07.07.2019

Last edited:
Indeed.He may have a point. Although there are many black people in parts of the EU region e.g, France and Belgium, it's maybe not the model of equality many people seem to think it is, certainly compared to the UK.

There are not many black people in Europe. If we hadnt invited over the windrush generation in the 50s we probably wouldn't have many either. He just whining over nothing.

What’s disappointed me in my first two weeks in Brussels
A freshman MEP from the British Green Party on what’s wrong with the EU capital.
By Magid Magid 7/12/19, 4:02 AM CET

What’s disappointed me in my first two weeks in Brussels

Green MEP Discovers the Reality of Brussels -
From your first link:
"On my first day at work in Parliament in Strasbourg, I was asked to leave by someone who clearly thought I didn't belong. "
Being Green Party is a good a reason as any to be told to do one.
Must have been a rude awakening to the poor bloke to realise that the EU (Parliament, Commision and the Council of Mongs Ministers) does not give a flying f**k about the people. I think that much has been painfully obvious to most people in mainland Europe for years if not decades. The whole EU administration is a monster self licking lolly.

Latest Threads