EU votes that National Sports Shirts to carry EU flag.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by re-stilly, Feb 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fire up the bus, the EU have voted that all EU nations national teams should wear the EU flag on their sports shirts. Although it is allegedly voluntary whats the betting we will end up doing it.

2. Couldn't give a **** if we do or not.
  3. The EU is just like the USSR. Making people wear a European flag is on par with the holodomor.
  4. Why not indeed? It is already flown above Town halls, over EU Funded projects, it is on our passports, our driving licenses, our car number plates.

It is only time before the EU Anthem has to be accorded the same rights as our National Anthems.

Eventually it will become a criminal offence to criticise or dis-respect these symbols of authority
  5. Of course it is because I am sure the EU enforcers will be stopping the Tesco home delivery vans of anyone caught without a flag. Idiot!
  6. Never underestimate the EUSSR. :)
  7. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Our national anthem has rights?
  8. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Considering the current state of the Euro zone finances, perhaps the EU anthem should be changed to "Brother, can you spare a dime?"

And maybe the emblem should be changed to three pawnbrokers balls.....

9. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Wasn't there a thread on Argentina wanting to make statements about the Falklands on its World Cup shirts? And that this wouldn't be allowed as it would be a political statement?

Same here, as far as I'm concerned: this has a political motive and has nothing to do with national identity.

I'm NOT European, not first and foremost. I'm English. Just as others on here are Scottish, Irish, Welsh, etc.

Bugger it off.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Just a small answer to the EU ...

It your shove arse up.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Imagine how great a tax-free salary the perpetrator of this stupidity receives. Doubtless this sum would be considerably enhanced by copious amounts of expenses.

Not long now until a similar Euroaf decrees, orders, that a cricket pitch shall be measured in metres. Rugby changed from 'the twenty-five' to the stupid 'twenty-two'.

Our railways are measured in miles and chains (a chain = 22 yards. 80 chains in a mile. This for the benefit of those educated during the Blair-Brown Terror). No doubt another Eurofool will decree that millions be spent changing the measurements to kilometres and metres.

Aircraft fly at 'Flight Levels' that are measured in thousands of feet. The Euroswine will attack this disgraceful fact pdq.

An undemocratic, unelected organisation that will hound a market trader to death for selling fruit in measures that his customers understood, deserves to be disbanded with a minimum of delay. Additionally, the national government that adheres to every diktat issued by the Eurubbish, deserves to be thrown out of office.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

It was. But even then it tried to stay in office, convinced that the public had got it wrong.
  13. Stuff the EU and stuff their poxy flag as well as their so called anthem, "Ode to Joy", my aching ar*e, as far as I,m concerned Europe is made up of widely differing Nation States with their own flags etc while the EU is a collapsing club of economic, trading nations which makes their flag a club banner (and not a very nice one either).
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nay,Nay,and thrice nay.

Great idea,nobody has dictated where on the shirt it should go,so make sure it goes on the back shirt tail,and when you get an itchy crack,you can shove it up it through your shorts!

Just a thought! :judge:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Correct me if am wrong the only flag/badge that should only be seen on any team shirt is that of the club in question . If Clubs do partake in this venture then they are lapping up the EU brainwashing machine .