EU to establish joint air transport fleet

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by petergriffen, Nov 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Ok seeing as this will raise some heckles aroud here, and I'm not opposed to the idea/s and I think the EDAs a good idea, I'll get me coat......runs off
  2. The first step of my Battalion becoming the 23rd Battalion UK Infantry Regiment (V).
  3. Another great big steaming pile of shite of an idea.
    Thats all I have to say about that.
  4. Why? As long as they dont take it to far.. well.. yeh...

But the joint air transport idea seemed pretty solid to me. I cant see the down side to getting supplies to Afghan faster.

5. I think not. More smoke and mirrors like the 'European Rapid Reaction Corps' Just a planning team with NO troops dedicated and no politocal will to actually do anything with it.

I might have missed it, but I could find no reference to UK air assets being involved anyway. Ultimately no country will give up a veto on the employment of its aircraft and aircrew in any given theatre of operations so all pretty meaningless anyway.

Fear not, and besides, the EU wouldn't want your battalion anyway. If there was a Euro army it would be multi-national, multi-lingual, diverse, gender free and would surrender or run away at every possible opportunity.
    Probably shouldn't go to that link then, lot's of British money going to Johnny foreigner companies :twisted:
  7. Haven't read the full post. But I guess that the entire set-up will be funded by the British Tax Payer...?
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You crazy fool how can it be a good idea?
    It has the dreaded abbreviation of "EU" in it, it must be bad.. :wink:
  9. Slightly insulting to all those Danes/Czechs/Poles/Dutch/Germans/French ect ect who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan there chief.....
  10. Yeah you're right.

They'd probably frown on great social acts such as tea-bagging and naked bar.

The bunch of Jessies.
  11. Is there any British taxpayer money left?...I kid I kid :wink: .....and no

but we also won't mention the huge amount of EU cash under the 6th/7th framework programmes that have gone into British companies and that would be wrong.....
  12. Not at all. A product of the EU would be precisely that. It says nothing about the competence and bravery of soldiers from the constituent parts of the EU. That said, national caveats on employment of troops - which is a political, not a military matter - ARE a major issue in Afghanistan.
  13. aIndeed, but "surrender" and "run away" are not, politicians of any country are usually the weasly whiny ****'s who put the troops in the shit in the first place, I don't think any country is blessed with exceptional amounts of talented dedicated sensible politicians.
  14. PG - you disappoint me, I thought you weren't a cynic :D
  15. Just about politicians mate, I rank them somewhere down there with rapists/child molestors and insurance salesmen :wink: