EU threatens Tanks!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Plastic Yank, Sep 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Torygraph. could be rubbish, but with the EU you never know!

2. No. All true. There is another thread on this running, but I'm too lazy to find it.

3. It looks as if they’re actually being sensible about this new law, no threat to our tanks then it appears.

4. Just as a point of interest, does anyone know if the new French "Leclerc" is significantly less prone to vibration than the Chally?

5. Apparently only if reverse gear is selected, which by all accounts is most of the time..................... :D

6. I only ever got to 'play' with CH1 and an early pre-production Leclerc (1981). From memory, I didn't notice a significant difference - but then I had been a Chieftain operator! Slightly off, but in the early 80s, on the tracked side of things, I also managed cabbies in M1 Abrams, Leo 2, Vickers Valiant, the articulated Swedish UDES XIX (I think, or it may have been the XX), the Brazilian Osorio, Italian OF40 and T-62. I was set at one time to visit Israel to have a good look over the Merkava, but some invasion or other unpleasantness in the region forced cancellation of the trip.

7. Am I the only one worried that the French tank shares its name with one of the biggest French supermarkets? I for one have no intention in the world of crossing the LOD in a Challenger Tesco....

8. Actually it's named after General Jacques Leclerc, one of the first officers to join De Gaulle and who commanded the French 2eme Division Blindee in North West Europe

9. And here's me thinking it was an 'Allo 'Allo fan in the French government having a laugh :(