EU tells Britain - no help from us if you go bust.

Daily Telegraph today.

Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister and the current chairman of France's financial services authority, yesterday predicted only "God would help" a rudderless Britain after it snubbed its euro zone neighbours.

"There is not a two speed Europe but a three speed Europe. You have Europe of the euro, Europe of the countries that understand the euro ... and you have the English," he said.

"The English are very certainly going to be targeted given the political difficulties they have. Help yourself and heaven will help you. If you don't want to show solidarity to the euro zone, then let's see what happens to the United Kingdom."

Does this mean that they will reject our already generous offer of 13bn? :?

shagnasty said:
Daily Telegraph today.

Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister and the current chairman of France's financial services authority, yesterday predicted only "God would help" a rudderless Britain after it snubbed its euro zone neighbours.

"There is not a two speed Europe but a three speed Europe. You have Europe of the euro, Europe of the countries that understand the euro ... and you have the English," he said.

"The English are very certainly going to be targeted given the political difficulties they have. Help yourself and heaven will help you. If you don't want to show solidarity to the euro zone, then let's see what happens to the United Kingdom."

Does this mean that they will reject our already generous offer of 13bn? :?

Yet ANOTHER good reason to get out of the EU and stop pissing more money down the drain!! :x

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think I mentioned that this would happen in another thread. But someone who is obviously in the know, snubbed my comment.

All I can say is, fuck europe, let's pull and and watch them sink. With the special relationship just been reaffirmed by Obama, I think we could survive quite well outside of Europe and their policies.

doesn't england spend like a few million aweek just to be apart of the eu :? ( not sure of the figure)

It is of little surprise to me just how much I hate the fucking cheese eating surrender monkey bastards, when they make comments like that

T/J/LeGg said:
doesn't england spend like a few million aweek just to be apart of the eu :? ( not sure of the figure)
And the rest.....

£4.1 billion in 2009
Scheduled to rise to £6.4 billion this year, hopefully that will be quashed by the new government though.

whosthedaddy said:
It is of little surprise to me just how much I hate the fucking cheese eating surrender monkey bastards, when they make comments like that
Are you trying to say you don't feel a common bond and kinship with the French (or the rest of europe)?
I think that will earn you some sort of label, bigot or xenophobe or some such :D

jagman said:
T/J/LeGg said:
And the rest.....

£4.1 billion in 2009
Scheduled to rise to £6.4 billion this year, hopefully that will be quashed by the new government though.
man just think how that could help out the country and get it back on track

T/J/LeGg said:
jagman said:
T/J/LeGg said:
And the rest.....

£4.1 billion in 2009
£6.4 this year equals:

£17,534,246.58 per DAY

Why? What for? All that happens is that we get buggered about the unelected swine.

Tell them to ''eff off', whatever that is in French!

I seem to remember a two speed Europe before. One speed was invading its neighbours whilst the other speed was rolling over and surrendering. Fortunately the British were neither, yet being good neighbours we were prepared to go and help our weaker neighbours out once we were ready.

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
lsquared said:
T/J/LeGg said:
jagman said:
T/J/LeGg said:
And the rest.....

£4.1 billion in 2009
£6.4 this year equals:

£17,534,246.58 per DAY

Why? What for? All that happens is that we get buggered about the unelected swine.

Tell them to ''eff off', whatever that is in French!
va te faire foutre

T/J/LeGg said:
jagman said:
T/J/LeGg said:
And the rest.....

£4.1 billion in 2009
I do think about it, everyday.
I think about it everytime her indoors pays a her tax bill
I think about it everytime I pay five and a half quid for a gallon of diesel.
I think about it everytime I get out of bed at 02.00 to go to work for £6.60 an hour.
I think about it everytime I get my payslip
I think about it everytime another mate loses their job to redundancy
I think about it everytime I go to work and only get 5 hours because work is short.
I think about it when every fooker gets a share of my money without lifting a finger to earn it (whether its the Greeks or a Pole getting tax credits)

It is safe to say, I think about it a lot :D
It is also safe to say I'm pretty unhappy about it.

Hardly surprising, I was suspecting that we'd likely get shafted. Hopefully the new government will tell them to stuff it.

Only reason we're still in is due to trade being a lot cheaper, and Gordie rolling over not to piss off Germany and France.

Herrumph said:
I seem to remember a two speed Europe before. One speed was invading its neighbours whilst the other speed was rolling over and surrendering. Fortunately the British were neither, yet being good neighbours we were prepared to go and help our weaker neighbours out once we were ready.
....and they've never forgiven us for that.......is it too late to send an invoice? :)

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Squiggers said:
Hardly surprising, I was suspecting that we'd likely get shafted. Hopefully the new government will tell them to stuff it.

Only reason we're still in is due to trade being a lot cheaper, and Gordie rolling over not to piss off Germany and France.
I wouldn't hold your breath.

Relations with the EU

We agree that the British Government will be a positive participant in the European Union, playing a strong and positive role with our partners, with the goal of ensuring that all the nations of Europe are equipped to face the challenges of the 21st century: global competitiveness, global warming and global poverty.

We agree that there should be no further transfer of sovereignty or powers over the course of the next Parliament. We will examine the balance of the EU's existing competences and will, in particular, work to limit the application of the Working Time Directive in the United Kingdom.

We agree that we will amend the 1972 European Communities Act so that any proposed future Treaty that transferred areas of power, or competences, would be subject to a referendum on that Treaty - a 'referendum lock'. We will amend the 1972 European Communities Act so that the use of any passerelle would require primary legislation.

We will examine the case for a United Kingdom Sovereignty Bill to make it clear that ultimate authority remains with Parliament.

We agree that Britain will not join or prepare to join the Euro in this Parliament.

We agree that we will strongly defend the UK's national interests in the forthcoming EU budget negotiations and that the EU budget should only focus on those areas where the EU can add value.

We agree that we will press for the European Parliament only to have one seat, in Brussels.

We agree that we will approach forthcoming legislation in the area of criminal justice on a case by case basis, with a view to maximising our country's security, protecting Britain's civil liberties and preserving the integrity of our criminal justice system. Britain will not participate in the establishment of any European Public Prosecutor.

Herrumph said:
lets face it most of Europe hate us,be it the fact they have had a war with us,been rescued by us,lost at football to us,lost eurovision to us,from what i have seen or heard only the dutch and belguims seem grateful,and as for the greeks look at the way they dropped bricks off bridges on kfor trucks,etc.

Latest Threads