EU tells Britain - no help from us if you go bust.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by shagnasty, May 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Daily Telegraph today.

Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister and the current chairman of France's financial services authority, yesterday predicted only "God would help" a rudderless Britain after it snubbed its euro zone neighbours.

"There is not a two speed Europe but a three speed Europe. You have Europe of the euro, Europe of the countries that understand the euro ... and you have the English," he said.

"The English are very certainly going to be targeted given the political difficulties they have. Help yourself and heaven will help you. If you don't want to show solidarity to the euro zone, then let's see what happens to the United Kingdom."

Does this mean that they will reject our already generous offer of 13bn? :?
  2. haha what do you expect hes a french snail eating wan**r
  3. Oh well, we'd better withdraw our contributions to propping up the EU then hadn't we?
    Can't have it both ways.

4. Yet ANOTHER good reason to get out of the EU and stop pissing more money down the drain!! :x
  5. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I think I mentioned that this would happen in another thread. But someone who is obviously in the know, snubbed my comment.

All I can say is, fuck europe, let's pull and and watch them sink. With the special relationship just been reaffirmed by Obama, I think we could survive quite well outside of Europe and their policies.
  6. doesn't england spend like a few million aweek just to be apart of the eu :? ( not sure of the figure)
  7. In 2008-09, the UK net payment will be £6.1 billion and in 2009-10, £6.4 billion.
  8. It is of little surprise to me just how much I hate the fucking cheese eating surrender monkey bastards, when they make comments like that
  9. And the rest.....

£4.1 billion in 2009
    Scheduled to rise to £6.4 billion this year, hopefully that will be quashed by the new government though.
  10. Are you trying to say you don't feel a common bond and kinship with the French (or the rest of europe)?
    I think that will earn you some sort of label, bigot or xenophobe or some such :D
  11. man just think how that could help out the country and get it back on track
  12. £6.4 this year equals:

£17,534,246.58 per DAY

Why? What for? All that happens is that we get buggered about the unelected swine.

Tell them to ''eff off', whatever that is in French!
  13. I seem to remember a two speed Europe before. One speed was invading its neighbours whilst the other speed was rolling over and surrendering. Fortunately the British were neither, yet being good neighbours we were prepared to go and help our weaker neighbours out once we were ready.
  14. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

va te faire foutre
  15. I do think about it, everyday.
    I think about it everytime her indoors pays a her tax bill
    I think about it everytime I pay five and a half quid for a gallon of diesel.
    I think about it everytime I get out of bed at 02.00 to go to work for £6.60 an hour.
    I think about it everytime I get my payslip
    I think about it everytime another mate loses their job to redundancy
    I think about it everytime I go to work and only get 5 hours because work is short.
    I think about it when every fooker gets a share of my money without lifting a finger to earn it (whether its the Greeks or a Pole getting tax credits)

It is safe to say, I think about it a lot :D
    It is also safe to say I'm pretty unhappy about it.