EU report says UK a high crime country

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Feb 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

So much the HO facts and figures. In a comparison with other European countries, we aren't quite as crime free as they would like us to believe.

See hear

A sad reflection of todays society.

Time for more bobbys on the beat
  2. No shit!
  3. It's because we're not as good at jumping up and down as other Europeans.

jump up and down
  4. Maybe because when one shouts at Blair we have the thousands of laws New Lie has made forced on us all at once.

Do good’ers are imprisoned wile criminals re-offend.
  5. The UK is the most safe and crime free region of the United States of Europe............ no I don't have a cigarette........................sorry I don't know where the post office is I don't come from around here..................stop hitting me! :thumleft: Jump Jump Police Help :threaten:
  6. i think you'll find its the policeman hitting you!!
  7. Oh if only..........
  8. This is absolute rubbish!

Our green and pleasant land is now virtually crime free. I know this because the Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair says people in London feel so safe that they don't even bother to lock their doors any more.

There is a link at the BBC here.

I must say though that the BBC have a bloody cheek filing the guvnor's comments in the entertainment section of their web site. Do you think somebody is planning a career change soon?

Sir Ian's comments must be true. After all, he is the very man who famously stated that "there is nothing wrong with being an Islamic fundamentalist" only six months before the London tube bombings in 2005.
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

No wonder they want to stop arresting people for taking drugs. Ian Bliar would be the first back in nick if they were still doing it, mind you, it must be an interesting cocktail of them that he's on.

Do you think that Campbell wrote that little speech for the Beeb on his behalf?

In my town, it is indeed almost crime free. Most of the 'stakeholders' have been murdered and everything there was to steal has already been stolen.
  10. Only because it saves them having to pay for a new lock/door aswell as having their kit nicked.
  11. Sven, Sven where are you when I need your help?

As soon as you get back from signing on could you dig up loads of links to Home Office web sites to show these sceptics just how wrong they really are?
  12. Is it because many of the Continentals have held on to that old fashioned thing called a family unit? Are their children still taught right from wrong?
  13. EU report says it gets dark when the sun goes down. I don`t really think we need an EU report to state the frickling obvious. I can`t even put ornaments on my sisters grave without some cnut stealing them to sell at a car boot sale.
  14. Isn't it funny that when people on here hear something they like they dont knock it even when it comes from a dubious source?

Not that I disagree, just making an observation.
  15. Case 1:

White British citizen confronted youth who had been terrorising neighbourhood and this mans Mother. Youth agreed to be driven to Mother's house to apologise. At the house Police were called, youth taken away and citizen praised by Police. Police returned later to arrest citizen and charge him with kidnapping.

Outcome! Citizen 4 months in jail.

Case 2:

18 year old Muslim repeatedly took stepfathers car. Youth lost control of vehicle and ploughed into young man sitting on a wall, waiting for a bus. Young man was killed. Driver had NO license and NO insurance.

Outcome: Youth to face just community service because his lawyer claims that 'there is insufficient evidence to prove that driver was driving gangerously'.

I'm flabbergasted but not surprised at this non common sense Govt. Who will be looking out for my family if I was run down and killed by an illegal driver?