EU report says UK a high crime country

So much the HO facts and figures. In a comparison with other European countries, we aren't quite as crime free as they would like us to believe.

See hear

A sad reflection of todays society.

Time for more bobbys on the beat

in_the_cheapseats said:
So much the HO facts and figures. In a comparison with other European countries, we aren't quite as crime free as they would like us to believe.
No shit!

It's because we're not as good at jumping up and down as other Europeans.

Jeremy Vine: "You see a young man looking aggressive, shouting at an old woman. What do you do? Do you retreat and ring the police?'

Tony McNulty: "I think you should in the first instance. It may well be simply shouting at them, blowing your horn or whatever else deters them and they go away."

Jeremy Vine: "He's now hitting her and the police haven't come. What do you do then?'

Tony McNulty: "The same, the same, you must always..."

Jeremy Vine: "Still wait?'

Tony McNulty: "Get back to the police, try some distractive activities."

Jeremy Vine: "What? Jump up and down?'

Tony McNulty: "Sometimes that may well work."
jump up and down

The UK is the most safe and crime free region of the United States of Europe............ no I don't have a cigarette........................sorry I don't know where the post office is I don't come from around here..................stop hitting me! :thumleft: Jump Jump Police Help :threaten:

dutch_paddy said:
The UK is the most safe and crime free region of the United States of Europe............ no I don't have a cigarette........................sorry I don't know where the post office is I don't come from around here..................stop hitting me! :thumleft: Jump Jump Police Help :threaten:
i think you'll find its the policeman hitting you!!

meiktilaman said:
dutch_paddy said:
i think you'll find its the policeman hitting you!!
Oh if only..........

in_the_cheapseats said:

See hear

A sad reflection of todays society.

Time for more bobbys on the beat
This is absolute rubbish!

Our green and pleasant land is now virtually crime free. I know this because the Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair says people in London feel so safe that they don't even bother to lock their doors any more.

There is a link at the BBC here.

I must say though that the BBC have a bloody cheek filing the guvnor's comments in the entertainment section of their web site. Do you think somebody is planning a career change soon?

Sir Ian's comments must be true. After all, he is the very man who famously stated that "there is nothing wrong with being an Islamic fundamentalist" only six months before the London tube bombings in 2005.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
No wonder they want to stop arresting people for taking drugs. Ian Bliar would be the first back in nick if they were still doing it, mind you, it must be an interesting cocktail of them that he's on.

Do you think that Campbell wrote that little speech for the Beeb on his behalf?

In my town, it is indeed almost crime free. Most of the 'stakeholders' have been murdered and everything there was to steal has already been stolen.

Ancient_Mariner said:
In a Our green and pleasant land is now virtually crime free. I know this because the Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair says people in London feel so safe that they don't even bother to lock their doors any more.
Only because it saves them having to pay for a new lock/door aswell as having their kit nicked.

Biped said:
No wonder they want to stop arresting people for taking drugs. Ian Bliar would be the first back in nick if they were still doing it, mind you, it must be an interesting cocktail of them that he's on.

In my town, it is indeed almost crime free. Most of the 'stakeholders' have been murdered and everything there was to steal has already been stolen.
Sven, Sven where are you when I need your help?

As soon as you get back from signing on could you dig up loads of links to Home Office web sites to show these sceptics just how wrong they really are?

EU report says it gets dark when the sun goes down. I don`t really think we need an EU report to state the frickling obvious. I can`t even put ornaments on my sisters grave without some cnut stealing them to sell at a car boot sale.

Isn't it funny that when people on here hear something they like they dont knock it even when it comes from a dubious source?

Not that I disagree, just making an observation.

Case 1:

White British citizen confronted youth who had been terrorising neighbourhood and this mans Mother. Youth agreed to be driven to Mother's house to apologise. At the house Police were called, youth taken away and citizen praised by Police. Police returned later to arrest citizen and charge him with kidnapping.

Outcome! Citizen 4 months in jail.

Case 2:

18 year old Muslim repeatedly took stepfathers car. Youth lost control of vehicle and ploughed into young man sitting on a wall, waiting for a bus. Young man was killed. Driver had NO license and NO insurance.

Outcome: Youth to face just community service because his lawyer claims that 'there is insufficient evidence to prove that driver was driving gangerously'.

I'm flabbergasted but not surprised at this non common sense Govt. Who will be looking out for my family if I was run down and killed by an illegal driver?

Ancient_Mariner said:
Biped said:

As soon as you get back from signing on could you dig up loads of links to Home Office web sites to show these sceptics just how wrong they really are?
As a registered Biff I don't need to sign on mate.

I am minded of an episode of Porridge.

Godper is aboout to sit his O level exam and Fletch and the boys decide to help him by supplying Him with the answers. The lad who goes in to get the exam questions comes out with the wrong ones - why? BECAUSE HE CAN'T READ. A work of fiction You say, but it is echoing reality. For the life of me I can't find the relevent figures (although I suspect that they will be in the latest edition of Haralambas) but a significant number of criminals go into prison illiterate.

I'm not at all surprised about some of these figures, given the way we treat our criminals. If a young man goes into prison with no qualifications, hardly able to read and write and comes back out with absolutely nothing changed except He is several years older

Sven said:
If a young man goes into prison with no qualifications, hardly able to read and write and comes back out with absolutely nothing changed except He is several years older
Sounds like the perfect deterent to me.

Sven said:
I'm not at all surprised about some of these figures, given the way we treat our criminals. If a young man goes into prison with no qualifications, hardly able to read and write and comes back out with absolutely nothing changed except He is several years older
So Tones claim of "Education, Education, Education" is working then? Or "Tough on Crime, tough on the causes of crime!"

Sven said:
Ancient_Mariner said:
Biped said:

As a registered Biff I don't need to sign on mate.

I am minded of an episode of Porridge.

Godper is aboout to sit his O level exam and Fletch and the boys decide to help him by supplying Him with the answers. The lad who goes in to get the exam questions comes out with the wrong ones - why? BECAUSE HE CAN'T READ. A work of fiction You say, but it is echoing reality. For the life of me I can't find the relevent figures (although I suspect that they will be in the latest edition of Haralambas) but a significant number of criminals go into prison illiterate.

Sven, I am deeply troubled. Despite years of modelling myself on Alan B'stard, star of the New Statesman, I find myself unable to disagree with the point you have made. This has happened on more than one occasion now and I can only assume that your leftie views are having a bad influence on me.

But, hang on a minute, I seem to remember somebody last year saying this:-

Without decent retraining and rehabilitation we turn out prisoners who, untrained, often illiterate and with a drug habit, have very little chance of going straight. It is long past time we took a grip of the situation and put it right.
Google located this quote on the Tory party web site. It's part of a speech given by David Davis last year. LINK

Admit it Sven. You are a closet Tory. It's no use trying to deny the reality of what you are. Living a lie will only make you miserable. Come out to your mates at the Lib Dems. and hang a framed photo of Maggie above your bed. Be out and proud Sven.

By the way, what's a Biff? The only info. I could find on Arrse referred to frequent loss of bladder and bowel control. Do you find your fellow governors are reluctant to sit next to you at school meetings?

Listy said:
Sven said:
So Tones claim of "Education, Education, Education" is working then? Or "Tough on Crime, tough on the causes of crime!"
These slogans are from 10 years ago. They have been replaced by "Tough on crime. Tough on the victims of crime" and "Ejukashun, Ejukashun, Ejukashun".

The more phonetic spelling of the second slogan ensures that the 1 in 6 people who leave school unable to read don't miss out on the propaganda.