EU referendum vote, wrong result?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Oct 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did the EU referendum vote in Parliament not go the way you wanted? Feeling the democratic deficit? Surprised that no free vote was given and all parties have no problem promising a referendum while seeking your votes but will never give you one? Wondering why after they have milked the UK Govt system virtually all of our politicians seem to end up sucking on the EU teet, ala the Kinnocks?

Think what would the EU do and has done to the likes of Ireland; keep asking until the right result is given.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20133

Following a suggestion by Old Holborn, passed on by Guido and adding names fast.

2. Deploy the Power Of Arrse to help get this petition up to 200,000 then Parliment will ignore it so the next petition will go up to 300,000 and so on

It is straight out of the EU playbook you know it makes sense

3. No thanks. I'd rather Parliament got on with some work and leadership rather than framing nosh questions for idiots.

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Seems a rather silly idea.

5. Anything that twat Guido is involved in is worth avoiding.

6. I think we've had a number of threads on this. It's never going to happen, forget it, move on. Turkeys, Christmas...

7. Bonfire night coming up. Celebrating an attempt to blow up the houses of parliament. Very topical - gets my vote.

8. They could blow it up hardly any of the ***** would be in there.

9. And they wouldn't see it as a reflection of the country's feelings toward them anyway.

10. So doing nothing is preferable?
    I've signed it.

11. You would! I admire your optimism.

12. Not optomistic, just stubborn!

13. I'll sign it. I'd rather be an angry sheep protesting all the way to the slaughterhouse than a baa baa sleepwalking meekly into fatalistic oblivion ............... [It's the Merlot I use as angry fuel you know]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Me too!

15. So have I, but it'll do no good. They're deaf to the public's wishes.