EU Positions Announced

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Generalissimo, Nov 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems like we have two empty suits for the EU.

Belgium's PM has been named President. This thankfully means Blair doesn't get the job, though he would have added more prestige to the position. However it seems that Mr Van Rompuy has strong business acumen which may prove to be of use at the moment. Additionally he's a federalist which is a plus, in my opinion at least...

However, Foreign Person goes to Baroness Ashton. EU Trade Commissioner, and potentially the more powerful of the two posts. Not sure about her.
  2. President Rompuy Pompuy…

Only the EUSSR could end up with and deserves such a ridiculous 'President'.
  3. Why ridiculous ? because he's a belgian ? the amount of slur coming from the UK and addressed at this poor guy who seems to be a very decent, hard working bloke is frankly amazing; if you aren't happy with the EU, especially after having knocked on its door for ages, just get the fcuk out and stop moaning FFS !
  4. We'd love to thankyou but democracy means we aren't allowed....

Actually I could give a toss what nationality the EU President is, I want nothing to do with them.

As for Baroness Ashton, lovely choice, proffesional CND muppet.

5. Well at least the old joke , name 3 famous Belgians no longer holds true, we now have Tin Tin, Van Damme and Rompuy Pompuy
  6. i've never heard of either and have only just discovered Ashton has never held an elected position in Britain. perhaps perfectly suited to a union we never voted for either

as for rumpy he was selected as the grey man of europe exactly so he wouldnt overshadow those who will really be running europe
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

President Rumpy Pumpy Fantastic!

Thats got years of legs on it has that. :)
  8. Actually, the fact the EUSSR ended up with a Belgian 'President' is somewhat amusing…

The original aim of the EU was to stop Germany and France having a 4th war…

The aim of the creation of Belgium was to keep the French from invading the low countries…

The actual use of Belgium turned out to be a highway via which Germany invaded France, repeatedly

And now we have a Belgian 'President' invading France and Germany's national sovereignity.

You couldn't make it up.
  9. so we have President Rumpy Pumpy with Baroness Ashton under him :p
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Grey man? my arrse looks like one of those Belgian Pedos to me.
  11. There's also the Belgian Light-Heavyweight Peado/Serial Killer Champion, though his name escapes me for the moment... :twisted:
  12. There's also the Belgian Light-Heavyweight Peado/Serial Killer Champion, though his name escapes me for the moment... :twisted:
  13. [​IMG]

Here she is ;)
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

We didn't knock at the door for ages and most of us would be happy to let it hit us on the arrse on the way out.

He may well be a hard working, decent bloke, but he is nothing but a pawn in the game.

You Frenchies do very well out of the EU, but times are a changing my friend, enjoy sucking at the tit while you still can.

The EU is not and never will be, at least for a century or two, a federalist world power, despite how much you would like it to be. Europe is still far to diverse, and your outburst rather proves that. Jog on matey.
  15. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I didn't get the chance or opportunity to vote for him - so why should I tke any notice whatsoever of what he says?

What democratic legitimacy has this man got?