Eu plot to scrap britain

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by rmgbem, May 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good idea. Chuck Britain out of the EU.
  2. Mate, I don't think that's what they are saying. What they're on about, is abolishing us completely and absorbing us into the great EUSSR.
  3. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

The EU has been chewing away at this for years, for instance with the carving up of England into 'Regions' with the connivance of New Labour. England is still hated by most larger European countries for defeating them, for the Reformation, and in the case of the French for denying the pleasures of Nazi occupation and the chance to resurrect Napoleon in the shape of Adolf Hitler.
  4. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

What I find most newsworthy about that story is the headline DIDN'T come from the Daily Mail...
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Should you not attribute your post to " The_Common_Man " who had already posted exactly the same comment word for word on the Sunday Express Website .... unless that is also one of your Internet pseudonyms .

Edited to add .... post now deleted ... how uninteresting .
  6. Cue tin foil hats...Federal European Army...Straight Banana Directive...expelling illegal immigrants (nothing to do with EU)...transfer of Gold Reserves to Bonn...

Guys - just take the emdicin and have a bit of a lie down. It's clearly been a stressful morning for some of you!
  7. Just looking at the Vordermann link from that page. And quote "Opponents fear the plan could create a modern-day equivalent of the European emperor envisaged by Napoleon Bonaparte or a return to the Holy Roman Empire of Charlemagne that dominated Europe in the Dark Ages. They are concerned that David Cameron’s coalition Government is doing nothing to prevent the sinister plot". Eyes...ceiling.. go.
  8. That Express article is one of the most puerile, hysterical and vague pieces of laughable "journalism" i have seen in quite a while. It could have been written by a 12 year old. I especially like the way they included the translated "grand fromage" for the readers. Pure comedy.

There is absolutely no meat on the bones of it, just vague talk of van rompuy and barroso morphing into some sort of spectre super villain complete with white fluffy cat laughing insanely as they point to a map of Britain being redrawn.

Don't get me wrong, i'm no Europhile, nor yet a eurosceptic, but i'd have to see a lot more factual evidence of some sinister europlot than the inane scribblings of the Express and it's "hugely popular anti euro crusade".

The eurocrats have enough to deal with at the moment just keeping it together in it's present form given the current financial shitstorm thats blowing through the continent without needing to invent some Illuminatiesque plot

The Express, the Wails smaller but equally drivelling counterpart.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I think the header for the advert page behind the article summed up my thoughts quite nicely: Welcome to Walt Disney World . ^_~
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I think I have found it!
    The source for this piece of hysteria appears to be this event!- This looks like Guido W trying to shore up his position in local German politics than in trying on the jackboots and funny hat of the EU Commisar.

Germany: Westerwelle initiates a meeting of the

"Nine European ministers of foreign affairs met on 20 March in Berlin upon invitation from their German counterpart, Guido Westerwelle. The aim of the meeting was to discuss ‘the future of the European Union’, a more efficient operation of EU institutions, granting them greater democratic legitimacy, coordination of the foreign, security, economic and financial policies of the member states, and also increasing the role of the European Parliament. The German ministry of foreign affairs assured the participants that the meeting was informal and private. The criterion for the selection of the participants is not known. The meeting was attended by the ministers of foreign affairs of Poland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Austria. The French foreign minister, Alain Juppé, was absent. He said he could not attend due to the campaign preceding the presidential election. In turn, the Danish foreign minister, Villy Søvndal, whose country now holds the presidency of the European Union, stated that “high priority duties” had prevented him from attending the meeting. The next meeting of this group is to be held in April in Brussels on the occasion of the North Atlantic Council. In turn Michael Spindelegger, the Austrian minister of foreign affairs, made an invitation to Vienna for a further meeting (in May).
    • This meeting is primarily another element of the communication strategy adopted by the German ministry of foreign affairs to counteract ‘increasing Euroscepticism’. At the meeting on 29 February, Guido Westerwelle presented the plan of a campaign aimed at reassuring many Europeans who fear German domination in the EU and to convince them of the benefits resulting from EU membership. This campaign is intended as a response to the accusations that the German government is arrogant, dictates its own ideas for overcoming the crisis and is unwilling to assume a greater responsibility for the future of the common currency. The comprehensive communication strategy was not only to help neutralise Eurosceptic sentiments, which have intensified as the eurozone crisis has deepened in both Germany and other EU member states, but also to raise the awareness of the present and potential benefits of the existence of the EU and to motivate thought about the future of the European Union ‘after the crisis’. The meeting in Berlin was intended to prove that Germany feels responsible for the future of the EU and does not want to decide about it by itself.
    • The reaction from representatives of the countries which were not invited to the meeting and from the media, and even from some of the ministers who were invited, suggests that these goals have not been met. The Irish and Swedish representatives stated that meetings of this kind did not contribute to building European unity. The behaviour of the French foreign minister was noteworthy, and that of the of Danish especially so. The foreign minister of Luxembourg has also expressed the need to expand the group of the participants of the next meetings. The German ministry of foreign affairs even before the meeting denied suggestions that Germany was trying to build the foundations of a future coalition which would start work on the amendment of the Treaty of Lisbon in order to extend integration, which in fact means creating a political union (which Guido Westerwelle announced during the meeting of the EU foreign ministers in Copenhagen in March).
    • Guido Westerwelle’s engagement in German European policy issues, which belong to the Chancellor’s prerogatives, is proof of his ambition and struggle to regain his position in the FDP and the German government, which has been undermined due to his loss of the party leadership.
  11. i think a new thread "what has the EEC/EU ever done for us" is a must,as to a vote on it not a cat in hells chance they known full well what the answer will be.
    as to the last lot it was plain to see that that arse tony wanted to be seen as a good european in the belief he was going to be EU president and that terry fuckwit brown wanted his job, so they sold the uk out.why anyone believes that the main partys will give us a vote i do not know.only the other day the parde on radio 4s morning god slot was harping on about the rise of the far right across the old eec,as eastern hordes arrive like a swarm of locousts looking for the streets paved not so much with gold but dss payouts.which if he's not been undercut by a pole the english worker is being bleed dry in his tax's to pay for.
  12. i wish i could afford to stay at home and drink meths at ten in the morning
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Meths isn't that expensive.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. **** me, and you call the Jocks 'chippy'?