EU Petition

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Smokeless_Coal, Mar 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. petition closed
    see next one below

2. Thank you

3. I hope its the webcameron one that you're signing.

I joined the army in 1970, I was all to eager to get on the ranges and have a blast with the SLR, SMG and LMG. Brought up with airguns and shotguns I wanted to fire the real thing. Look at todays youth, scared to pick up a firearm, ooo mummy always told me it was bad to play with guns. Something is being taken from our potential soldiers today, spirit.

Young'uns today only get experience of firearms during mischief, they should be encouraged to get into a club and learn responsible shooting. Perhaps more would have the cojones to sign up and use that skill for real.

4. Really? I thought the problem was that the youth of today were overly familiar with firearms, knives, etc?

Maybe it's a fiendish EU plot to confuse us?

5. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

6. Signed and passed along to others!

7. Done and passed on.

8. Really? I thought the problem was that the youth of today were overly familiar with firearms, knives, etc?

Maybe it's a fiendish EU plot to confuse us

It the wrong kind of familiarity they seem to have. Education and training in responsible use is what they need. Either through the gun clubs or military service where there can gain knowledge and respect. There is a place for firearms and that is not on the street. The same can be said of knives and other matrial arts implements.

9. Signed, and I live in Europe, Aaaaargh! Bloody Foreigners.