EU may force MI5 to share intelligence

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by STREetwise, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This really grips my shit. I am fed up of our politicians selling out to Europe.
  2. I am reminded of the old KGB saying: Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... :roll:
  3. I'm sure MI5 can come up with some very useful intel to share.
  4. Just send 'em reports completely blacked out. If they whinge, well the report was shared but it was blacked out because the full list of recipients/readers are not known and cannot be cleared to DV.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The EU is only jealous of the way we do things. They haven't got access to ECHELON, they won't get access to it, and they are all the poorer for it.

Keep the door closed I say.
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

EU trying to combine things into a USE but if you read the article it is never going to happen. Any party that abdicated our national security to Brussels will be on a hiding to nowhere and probably be brought down by the establishment.
  7. Vive l'unit des états de l'Europe
  8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

This is a typical Torygraph 'Eurosausage' story. We already share a lot of intelligence with fellow EU countries but there is no way that the EU can find out what we aren't sharing with them, and no mechanism to force us to share anything we don't want to (or indeed, are prevented by treaty from sharing with them). Much as I loathe and despise the EU, this is silly season garbage.
  9. This is indeed garbage as m'learned colleague points out. If you want an idea of what we are sharing , and to the common good , take a look at the Europol /Interpol sites.
  10. I bet the US would love that. Tell the Eurofucks to get stuffed.
  11. Sorry Detonator, explain??

You mean like the US would love our biometric data to be sitting on a server at Langley?
  12. What on Earth makes you think it isn't?
  13. I'd be fcuking surprised if it is'nt! 8O
  14. Me too!

The Int sharing idea isn't going to happen, end of.