Eu head wants an EU army

Yeah, even had some dealings with it in a previous life.
Interpol too funnily enough, and they both have liaison/points of contact functions.
This thing being mooted will have full investigative powers across the member states including transnational operations, arrest and kicking doors in.
How they think that will square with 27 different legal systems and procedures I have no idea, but forming one is the next on their wish list.
My neighbours down here would not be too impressed, some of the local elderly do remember the last time it happened in this vicinity.
That didn't end well either.
It just needs the right German face to head it up, someone with no axe to grind,
A direct entry, former chicken farmer, with no previous policing experience, for example.

Show again in 24 hours.
Peterloo was recent???? Left Wing states are a success????
I'll pass on the show parade.

I don't think you understood. The state (sheepdog) exercises complete control in the guise of protection. In order to maintain the illusion, occasionally they have to let the people (sheep) see the enemy (wolf, or in this case the oppressive farmer) in order to maintain their grip. It is built into most structures, including religions.
I understand it was a useful analogy, one of any number he could have used, including the unions.
It was a good pick.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
He certainly got the arbiets done.
Arbiets?

A keyboard error I assume and hope. Otherwise I've been labouring under a misapprehension.

He certainly got the arbiets done.
Assuming that you mean Arbeit, then no he didn't. That was Alfred Speer as Reichsminister für Bewaffnung und Munition and the Reichsarbeitsministerium. Himmler had control over all police forces and the SS, but not the two previously mentioned ministries. However he was a good organiser and administrator.
Also a weapons grade fruitcake.

Assuming that you mean Arbeit, then no he didn't. That was Alfred Speer as Reichsminister für Bewaffnung und Munition and the Reichsarbeitsministerium. Himmler had control over all police forces and the SS, but not the two previously mentioned ministries. However he was a good organiser and administrator.
His travel arrangements were a model of efficiency and economy, costed to the pfennig. He even negotiated a special discount rate with the Reichsbahn.... now that’s a good businessman, always got an eye on his reducible operating costs.

he set people free.

I think that may have been a reference to the lack of preparedness to pay the agreed 2% for the armed forces of those countries that are both EU and Nato.
If only he knew when they were supposed to reach the 2%...by.....any takers?

Latest Threads