Eu head wants an EU army

As Krautman said; https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/eu-head-wants-an-eu-army.229283/post-8909670 "do you really think that Putin would stop at the channel?" That is why the UK and US have bailed out Europe in the past.
I think he would. No one wants a mushroom cloud on the horizon, and secondly, all he wants to be is the kingmaker. A wrecked Europe seeking an entente with him would suit him just fine. No expense in manpower, just the ability to snap fingers and have the dogs wag their tails.

I reckon an EU Army (they say a ground force at first) would be used to stamp out an anti-EU sentiment or strong-arming any political rivals. Just watch.

Being what has just been discussed in EU parliament today, They are crazy enough to pull that as a last straw to save the club.

EDIT: and to get round the issue of using soldiers on the street against their own people, Simple, you just send soldiers into member states who are not from the region they have been deployed. A political army of the highest order.
Re the last paragraph, a tactic employed by the French and Spanish over the last couple of centuries.

Like you, I can see this happening in due course.

What the bloody hell is this then....fire for effect!

Trying to think where I have seen this before...

Sneaky barstuards......I bet the Lufthansa 747's have been fitted with a belly "luggage dropping system" too

They're at it again folks, somebody better tell the PM, I'll go and tar the boat eh ;)
Well i bet they borrowed all their instruments, boots and uniforms around the Bundeswehr. Today we have to filch NVGs, rucksacks, weapons and eventen tents from every unit in the Bundeswehr to get one Bataillon ready for the NRF.
Mangelwirtschaft übersteigt alle Vorstellungen

I am doing a Bugsy and use his magic translation thingy:
"It is completely unacceptable for nearly 900 German soldiers of the NATO reaction force to have to retrieve almost 15,000 pieces of equipment throughout the remainder of the Bundeswehr."
Let the PM sleep.

I'd hoped that such a champion of logic as yourself would be able to tell the difference between a link and a quote. Nope, read the article and it doesn't back up your claim, it does back up what I said in a couple of ways though.

The election of Mr Trump to the White House appears to have given more urgency to the cause of boosting the EU’s defence capabilities, with leaders warning they cannot simply rely on the United States

And

In 2016, then defence secretary Sir Michael Fallon said the UK would use its veto to stop the creation of any EU army. However, the UK is leaving the EU, and will therefore no longer have any say in its governance.

Why not you've made quite a career on here so far with similar!
And you come on white knighting someone who thinks the whole idea of a EU army is to put down the civil population of those who disagree with it?
You seem to be a little above yourself in the thinking stakes.

Oh you like the nooz eh, Social engineering is strong with you. What is it then, Russian bot or russian botty boy?
Absolutely nonsensical. No idea WTF you are trying to say there but I;m sure the gibberish speakers will know what you're on about.
I did think it a bit early for the toilet duck to come out, though.
Nooz?
Social engineering?
Russian bot?
Russian botty boy?
May mean something to you but rather incoherent to most people.

If you were agreeing to the 2nd part - Im all for it

In fact I would have no problem with the UK being involved at that level
Perhaps by fielding 1 Div HQ Amphibious (3CDO)+ and 1 Mech Div
Tie in with the AEW force as we do already with NATOs ( ie UK and France dont contribute to the NATO AEW sqns but the Fr and UK Sqns are their contribution but one they can use exclusively as well
@Magic_Mushroom will be the person to ask about British and French contribution to the NATO AWACS force.

The UK is involved with a UK/FR rapid reaction force and a UK/NL amphibious force. How are they going to be impacted?

Last edited:

ugly

LE
And you come on white knighting someone who thinks the whole idea of a EU army is to put down the civil population of those who disagree with it?
You seem to be a little above yourself in the thinking stakes.
If thats white knighting then you need to go back to school

@Magic_Mushroom will be the person to ask about British and French contribution to the NATO AWACS force...
French AWACS are not formally committed to the NATO AEW&C Force but have historically been used to augment them on ops (eg the Balkans and Libya).

RAF AWACS form the E-3D Component of the NATO AEW&C Force and in theory provide 25% of Alliance capacity. However, our jets are UK (as opposed to multi-nationally) crewed and we can still employ them on national tasks (as we did for initial ops over Afghanistan in 2001-03 and Iraq in 2003).

Regards,
MM

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
As the EUSSR matures I suspect it will keep Ukraine out because it is a tarbaby and eventually cut a shabby Chamberlain/Czecho deal with Putin to bring him onside.

Last edited:
French AWACS are not formally committed to the NATO AEW&C Force but have historically been used to augment them on ops (eg the Balkans and Libya).

RAF AWACS form the E-3D Component of the NATO AEW&C Force and in theory provide 25% of Alliance capacity. However, our jets are UK (as opposed to multi-nationally) crewed and we can still employ them on national tasks (as we did for initial ops over Afghanistan in 2001-03 and Iraq in 2003).

Regards,
MM
Ref the bold that's what I was trying to say

I stand corrected on les grenouilles I was under the impression they were the same as the UK

As the EUSSR matures I suspect it will keep Ukraine out because it is a tarbaby and eventually cut a shabby Chamberlain/Czecho deal with Putin to bring him onside.
Well he (Putin) is an ex KGB man, Merkel is a former Communist politician from the days of East Germany - does anyone know if they ever met?

It should worry us all that the EU seeks to destroy national identity in favour of following the policies of Brussels, and seeks to punishment democratic voters who do not vote for who the EU think is best. Dis-empowering people makes them passive.

Here we go, not even dressing it up any more. Final curtain pulled back and true Franco-German agenda revealed

"There is only one issue today for future generations: building European sovereignty between Donald Trump’s United States and Xi Jinping’s China. In my view this is the only real issue. Yet to take up this challenge, the only way forward is an agreement between France and Germany; everything else is illusions and projects which will be short-lived. Only an agreement between France and Germany can allow us to build this European sovereignty, which is our challenge, the challenge of our generation, the challenge of the next 25 years.

Europe has a choice: nationalism or sovereignty. France chooses sovereignty, and I’ll go even further: I think Europe has to become an empire again; a “peaceful empire” in the words of Tocqueville, but an empire nonetheless. Between the American empire and the Chinese empire, Europe must assert itself as a peaceful empire."

French Finance Minister Calls for "Europe to Become an Empire Again" -

Latest Threads