Eu head wants an EU army

Now you're just making things up for the sake of making things up, aren't you?
Stupid boy!
Oh you like the nooz eh, Social engineering is strong with you. What is it then, Russian bot or russian botty boy?

What I said a number of times is that NATO is the cornerstone of our defence policy, that we'd veto a EU army and it would need a change to the treaty and that would need a UK referendum.

Man up, you own this.
The EU will be glad to see the back of us.

I'm quite sure they've had enough of our exceptionalism and having us decide what best for them. They certainly seem tired of the Yanks and their cash and nukes.

Good luck to them.

We're guaranteed to have less influence.
The UK never had any influence,[if we had it was never used] if the Eu wanted a army there is FA the Uk could do to stop it and if the Eu created a army the uk politicians would sign up to it, they would do it behind the
backs of the people like they have done with all the treaties that that UK have been
signed up to, just like the PM is doing with BREXIT and the rest of the MPs will kick up a
fuss as per usual then sign us up to a no leave BREXIT
I'm to old and long in the tooth to believe otherwise.
MPs are all bastards

The EU will be glad to see the back of us.

I'm quite sure they've had enough of our exceptionalism and having us decide what best for them. They certainly seem tired of the Yanks and their cash and nukes.

Good luck to them.
We'll become their Canada.

The UK never had any influence,[if we had it was never used] if the Eu wanted a army there is FA the Uk could do to stop it and if the Eu created a army the uk politicians would sign up to it, they would do it behind the
backs of the people like they have done with all the treaties that that UK have been
signed up to, just like the PM is doing with BREXIT and the rest of the MPs will kick up a
fuss then sign us up to a no leave BREXIT
I'm to old and long in the tooth to believe otherwise.
MPs are all bastards
You're wrong but I hope you feel better now.

As we're leaving, I wish 'em all the best.
They can even have our old barracks.
They can create utopia or distopia or whatever in between. And if they ever go toe to toe with Putin, we can watch from.a safe distance.

Lp
They can create utopia or distopia or whatever in between. And if they ever go toe to toe with Putin, we can watch from.a safe distance.
The barracks are all full of engineers and doctors

Lp
The barracks are all full of engineers and doctors
Excellent. So they can start on generating the EU Corps of Engineers (or maybe Pioneers) and an EU Medical Corps right away!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Mutti's speech was quite emphatic on one point - we need a European army to defend against the rise of "recent events" (by which she means populism/nationalism; choose your own phrase to describe those who don't agree with the federalist goals). She would send in the troops against those who don't want More Europe. She doesn't really care if the troops are drawn from 27 nations or just the Franco-German alliance. The importance is that there are troops who can be deployed (quickly) against dissenters to the European project.

Be sure he won't stop at the channel. So instead of building an army that is only good for capitulation, losing or commiting atrocities (that is the franco-german part) to humor a frog, they should really strengthen NATO.

She doesn't really care if the troops are drawn from 27 nations or just the Franco-German alliance. The importance is that there are troops who can be deployed (quickly) against dissenters to the European project.
The German part will not be very effcient or have adequate or even functioning equipment, so no danger from Krautland this time.

But they're whining about what they were told would be more probable by me loads of times. I even got dumb/SABCs for saying it. They chose to be powerless in respect of it.
No they are not, I suspect most dont care if they do (as long as UK isn't part)

Whats being pointed out is that whenever Brexit said there were plans for an EU army - the response was UK can veto it and theres no appetite its a myth no one wants it.

Pointing out actually the desire is very much there so it wasn't a Brexit false hood isn't whining about an EU army its simply pointing out that the much derided lie is in fact accurate.

Like yourself Im aware UK veto would nix it.

But ive no real problem with greater EU cooperation and integration - unfortunately as we both know step one will be duplicating NATO HQ - a plan the UK has vetoed previously which is a pointless waste of money.

Mutti's speech was quite emphatic on one point - we need a European army to defend against the rise of "recent events" (by which she means populism/nationalism; choose your own phrase to describe those who don't agree with the federalist goals). She would send in the troops against those who don't want More Europe. She doesn't really care if the troops are drawn from 27 nations or just the Franco-German alliance. The importance is that there are troops who can be deployed (quickly) against dissenters to the European project.
Are you sure she wasn't speaking to the wig?

At least they're going into it willingly this time, no need for any of that nasty blitzkrieg business or french folk hating Britain for not fighting to the last man in France. ;-)

No they are not, I suspect most dont care if they do (as long as UK isn't part)

Whats being pointed out is that whenever Brexit said there were plans for an EU army - the response was UK can veto it and theres no appetite its a myth no one wants it.

Pointing out actually the desire is very much there so it wasn't a Brexit false hood isn't whining about an EU army its simply pointing out that the much derided lie is in fact accurate.

Like yourself Im aware UK veto would nix it.

But ive no real problem with greater EU cooperation and integration - unfortunately as we both know step one will be duplicating NATO HQ - a plan the UK has vetoed previously which is a pointless waste of money.
Knowing the EU the HQ will be spread over 4 different cities in 4 different countries.

Latest Threads