Eu head wants an EU army

I'm not convinced there are any difficulties, we leave on the day, everything else can be worked out. I'm sure the power behind the German throne will make a fuss when we cant buy their cars anymore!
And French cheese.

The U.K. will have a strong influence over an EU military.

International language for both the air and sea is English.

“Wir haben nicht die Möglichkeit, Sie alle gefangen zu nehmen”

“nous n’avons pas les moyens de vous faire prisonniers”

The above phrases in a typical land battle don’t sound anywhere near as pompous as they do in English, either.

I'm not convinced there are any difficulties, we leave on the day, everything else can be worked out. I'm sure the power behind the German throne will make a fuss when we cant buy their cars anymore!
Please explain? Why won't be able to buy German cars anymore?
Is this a bit like we can buy bendy bananas when we leave?
Or we can change the rules on smoking in pubs?
Or more like bratwurst will be available in Lidl but BMW won't be available in the car showrooms?

Or, in reality, that this is yet another bandwagon to jump onto and we can all talk as much shi1te as we like?

I reckon an EU Army (they say a ground force at first) would be used to stamp out an anti-EU sentiment or strong-arming any political rivals. Just watch.

Being what has just been discussed in EU parliament today, They are crazy enough to pull that as a last straw to save the club.

EDIT: and to get round the issue of using soldiers on the street against their own people, Simple, you just send soldiers into member states who are not from the region they have been deployed. A political army of the highest order.

Last edited:
Varadkar is a massive EU suck up, who seems to think that Ireland will be at the Heart of Europe... Perhaps he is hoping that the 'Single Malt' doesn't get flipped.
More likely that he has been promised something for the leading on the border issue on behalf of the EU ( an obvious choice). Ireland's corporate tax arrangements for large American IT companies has been the focus of a lot of attention.

Ireland forced to collect €13bn Apple tax

...pushing for the right to send men and women into harms way without their nations consent is a fairly spectacular own goal.
Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish consent is not required to deploy British Army units. If the army is European then its loyalty is to Europe and they would be deployed with the consent of Europe or more specifically the heads of government of EU member states.

I reckon an EU Army (they say a ground force at first) would be used to stamp out an anti-EU sentiment or strong-arming any political rivals. Just watch.

Being what has just been discussed in EU parliament today, They are crazy enough to pull that as a last straw to save the club.

EDIT: and to get round the issue of using soldiers on the street against their own people, Simple, you just send soldiers into member states who are not from the region they have been deployed. A political army of the highest order.
Would that really be a bad thing...?

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/574209021220853439/

Now you're just making things up for the sake of making things up, aren't you?
Stupid boy!

Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish consent is not required to deploy British Army units. If the army is European then its loyalty is to Europe and they would be deployed with the consent of Europe or more specifically the heads of government of EU member states.
Because they are part of the UK.

An EU military with loyalty to the EU rather than the states of Europe would destroy the nationhood of states within the EU. Which of course is the EUs plan, but I can't see Italy or the visegard group signing up for it.

ugly

LE
Please explain? Why won't be able to buy German cars anymore?
Is this a bit like we can buy bendy bananas when we leave?
Or we can change the rules on smoking in pubs?
Or more like bratwurst will be available in Lidl but BMW won't be available in the car showrooms?

Or, in reality, that this is yet another bandwagon to jump onto and we can all talk as much shi1te as we like?
Why not you've made quite a career on here so far with similar!

ugly

LE
Now you're just making things up for the sake of making things up, aren't you?
Stupid boy!
Unless you happen to be in either the Eu or the UK govts I doubt you know anymore than the 24/7 shite coming out of the various so called news organisations so you must be making things up too!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer

Like the original USSR sending Russian tps into Hungary and Czecho. Experience is a great teacher.

An EU military with loyalty to the EU rather than the states of Europe would destroy the nationhood of states within the EU. Which of course is the EU's plan, but I can't see Italy or the Visegrád Group signing up for it.
I can't see Italy or the Visegrád Group having much of a choice.......... Merkel is pulling all of the strings now. What the Eurocrats want, the Eurocrats usually get imho.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
The EU member states will cease to exist as such. Their countries, where bigger than Lux or Malta, will be balkanised into regions.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer

An EU military with loyalty to the EU rather than the states of Europe would destroy the nationhood of states within the EU. Which of course is the EUs plan, but I can't see Italy or the visegard group signing up for it.
I suspect that tucked away in Lisbon or elsewhere is the right for the EU to drive ahead on this without asking anybody. It already has its own foreign policy and foreign representation, as recently led by that shimmering and world-renowned genius Lady Ashton.

Latest Threads