EU Head Sheds

Who knows? Why do I have to come up with a narrative for the future of the EU to satisfy you?

Anything beats abruptly unplugging the UK from its biggest trading partner, plus 60 other countries.

The unknowns of a brexit with no plan are rampant and endless.

To try to make some kind of predictive equivalence with our potential future in the EU, where the legal, economic and political framework are all known and are changing at a glacial pace is primary school level debating.

Let's cut off our feet because we may suffer a serious foot injury at an unspecified time in the future is what your logic amounts to.

You received a braincell for posting ridiculous advice with regards to investing
"Who knows" he says, demonstrating in two words that he had no idea what he voted for.

I've already answered the UK has its veto. This is an immutable fact
@Bagl0ck I'm sorry but that doesn't answer the question.... as well you know. The question (again) is what course do you believe the EU will take, if the leadership are frustrated in their desire to create a fully-fledged Federal United States of Europe? What do you think the alternative is?

It's a simple question and must be something you've already considered, bearing in mind your stated opinions on every other aspect of the EU. To be honest, you're coming across as though you know the answer but are just too afraid to admit it.

Anything beats abruptly unplugging the UK from its biggest trading partner, plus 60 other countries.
Abruptly...? Hardly!! We've been at it for three years already and still aren't out.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
"Who knows" he says, demonstrating in two words that he had no idea what he voted for.
Our continued membership of the EU and it's constituent institutions.

Far more tangible than a leap into the dark

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
Abruptly...? Hardly!! We've been at it for three years already and still aren't out.
The severance i.e. hard brexit is of course abrupt. Agreements one day, naught the next

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
@Bagl0ck I'm sorry but that doesn't answer the question.... as well you know. The question (again) is what course do you believe the EU will take, if the leadership are frustrated in their desire to create a fully-fledged Federal United States of Europe? What do you think the alternative is?

It's a simple question and must be something you've already considered, bearing in mind your stated opinions on every other aspect of the EU. To be honest, you're coming across as though you know the answer but are just too afraid to admit it.
You're putting forth a loaded question and purely hypothetical, yet you are presenting it as fact.

The UK prevented your obvious nightmare by being on the inside and vetoing further integration.

I would expect that to continue.

You do realise that the new unelected leaders of the EU are open in their dedication to a Federal EU Superstate.
You do realise they are unaccountable.
You do realise two of them would not be allowed to stand in UK elections due to criminal convictions.
You do realise that the veto is on its way out.
Under those circumstances there is no point in discussing this with you.
I believe in democracy, you do not.
That's right, I do realise the points you raise.

You believe in the wafer thin veneer of democracy we experience. Surely the Westminster shenanigans of late have exposed it all as a sham?

Our 'democracy' is as bent as Jarrod, with those weasels of The House on the take at every opportunity.
Cash for Honours, expenses fraud on a wide scale, cash for Questions, lobbying for retainers. Drinks all round.

Cnuts to a (wo)man.

I wouldn't mind so much if they performed their basic functions. You couldn't trust them to run a bath.

Under those circumstances, there's no point in discussing this with you.

You're putting forth a loaded question and purely hypothetical, yet you are presenting it as fact.

The UK prevented your obvious nightmare by being on the inside and vetoing further integration.

It's not a loaded question unless you're deliberately trying to avoid it. The UK will be leaving the EU, so the question of the veto is void. Take the UK out of the equation and concentrate on the remaining 27 Nations, it's no longer about the UK.

You've stated already you don't think a Federal Union is inevitable - the question is, what do you expect the EU to do if they don't press the Federal button? For the life of me I can't see an alternative because every leader of the EU has committed to Federalism and have stated that is the direction of travel.

You seem to be the lone voice stating there's another way yet you're unable to express what it is in any coherent form. Again.... what do you believe is the alternative?

The severance i.e. hard brexit is of course abrupt. Agreements one day, naught the next
And everyone and their dog has had three years to make the necessary preparations. Anyone who hasn't bothered deserves to be spanked.

Still hardly an abrupt occurrence, though.

How did the U.K. use its veto to prevent further integration?

What part of the UK has vetos to prevent it being subsumed as you call it into the a European superstate do you not understand?

Did you believe the propaganda put out by brexit puppet masters that all EU members will be forced to join the euro by 2020?

All I see from you are giant leaps and assumptions about where the EU is going and the impact that the UK can have on that direction.

Why do leavers both think that the European superstate is inevitable and that the EU is about to collapse.

To answer Dan, my objection to a superstate with the UK inside is that I cannot see a sizable majority for this in the UK population. Additionally, I don't think that the euro is a good fit for the UK
A sizeable minority of the electorate are desperate to stay in the EU, and would no doubt swallow the Euro as a price to pay.

And why isn't the Euro a 'good fit' for the UK?

Fewer people than ever use cash anyway.

A card or phone app is standard for most people buying their weekly shop, fuelling up their car or buying a coffee.

It's not a loaded question unless you're deliberately trying to avoid it. The UK will be leaving the EU, so the question of the veto is void. Take the UK out of the equation and concentrate on the remaining 27 Nations, it's no longer about the UK.

You've stated already you don't think a Federal Union is inevitable - the question is, what do you expect the EU to do if they don't press the Federal button? For the life of me I can't see an alternative because every leader of the EU has committed to Federalism and have stated that is the direction of travel.

You seem to be the lone voice stating there's another way yet you're unable to express what it is in any coherent form. Again.... what do you believe is the alternative?
@Bagl0ck you must have an idea of its trajectory? The EU leadership are 100% committed to Federalism. You keep telling us you don't want a United States of Europe, that it'll take a different course and it's not inevitable.... For the love of cheese, tell us what course you think the EU is heading (if it's not going to be a Federal State)????

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
And everyone and their dog has had three years to make the necessary preparations. Anyone who hasn't bothered deserves to be spanked.

Still hardly an abrupt occurrence, though.
Preparation for an undefined outcome?

Cowardice is flouncing away from Europe imagining that the channel will insulate us from the influence of an economic giant on our doorstep
Which bits of the EU would that be then? Greece, Spain, Ireland are hardly inspiring and when one looks at the level of leaders/commissioners put forward by the UK it takes a leap of faith to imagine that any of the other countries are sending their brightest and best to Brussels.

@Bagl0ck you must have an idea of its trajectory? The EU leadership are 100% committed to Federalism. You keep telling us you don't want a United States of Europe, that it'll take a different course and it's not inevitable.... For the love of cheese, tell us what course you think the EU is heading (if it's not going to be a Federal State)????
@Bagl0ck seriously? you rate my question as "old"?? The only reason I keep asking you the same question is because you haven't yet answered it.

Tell us in your own words...... If the EU doesn't go full Federal, what way will it go instead?

@Bagl0ck seriously? you rate my question as "old"?? The only reason I keep asking you the same question is because you haven't yet answered it.

Tell us in your own words...... If the EU doesn't go full Federal, what way will it go instead?
I really do admire your persistence, but it will be really nice for you when you finally stop banging your head against a brick wall!
You will never get an answer.

I really do admire your persistence, but it will be really nice for you when you finally stop banging your head against a brick wall!
You will never get an answer.
Of course he won't answer. He knows the EU will turn full Federal, as does everyone else. By admitting he opposes it he's already inadvertently admitted he should have voted Leave. Owned.