EU Head Sheds

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
@Bagl0ck you've expressed your opinion on pretty much every aspect of Brexit except this one. You've told us you're opposed to the UK becoming subsumed within a federal United States of Europe. You accept that the entire EU leadership is committed to a Federal Union. If the UK doesn't take the current opportunity to leave the EU and the march towards Federalism continues, at what point do you think it would be appropriate for the UK to leave?

I'm just interested in your opinion.
What part of the UK has vetos to prevent it being subsumed as you call it into the a European superstate do you not understand?

Did you believe the propaganda put out by brexit puppet masters that all EU members will be forced to join the euro by 2020?

All I see from you are giant leaps and assumptions about where the EU is going and the impact that the UK can have on that direction.

Why do leavers both think that the European superstate is inevitable and that the EU is about to collapse.

To answer Dan, my objection to a superstate with the UK inside is that I cannot see a sizable majority for this in the UK population. Additionally, I don't think that the euro is a good fit for the UK

Last edited:
What part of the UK has vetos to prevent it being subsumed as you call it into the a European superstate?

Did you believe the propaganda put out by brexit puppet masters that all EU members will be forced to join the euro by 2020?

All I see from you are giant leaps and assumptions about where the EU is going and the impact that the UK can have on that direction.

Why do leavers both think that the European superstate is inevitable and that the EU is about to collapse.

To answer Dan, my objection to a superstate with the UK inside is that I cannot see a sizable majority for this in the UK population. Additionally, I don't think that the euro is a good fit for the UK
You don't seem to have grasped the question. Let's try again.... Do you think a Federal European state is the natural outcome of the EU's evolution? Or can you offer an alternative route that, in your opinion, seems more likely?

What part of the UK has vetos to prevent it being subsumed as you call it into the a European superstate?

The date no, but the evidence put forward on this forum by quoting EU leaders that this is their stated aim I do.
You, for reasons of cowardice, do not wish to believe this.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
You don't seem to have grasped the question. Let's try again.... Do you think a Federal European state is the natural outcome of the EU's evolution? Or can you offer an alternative route that, in your opinion, seems more likely?
I don't think that it's inevitable

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
The date no, but the evidence put forward on this forum by quoting EU leaders that this is their stated aim I do.
You, for reasons of cowardice, do not wish to believe this.
Cowardice is flouncing away from Europe imagining that the channel will insulate us from the influence of an economic giant on our doorstep

Stop asking me to justify your vote in 2016.

Brexit is a shitshow and getting me to paint imagined futures for you doesn't help your case.

I was perfectly happy with a leading voice and access to the richest economic bloc on earth, the benefits of programmes such as horizon 2020, the right to live, work study and retire in any of 27 other countries with the minimum of red tape.

Opt outs from shengen, the euro and further integration.

Your sweeping statement that all this was going to be swept away despite the vetos we enjoy are simply fanciful and the same unsubstantiated crap spouted by the anti foreigner press and the likes of Farage.
You want further integration?

I don't think that it's inevitable
Thanks, that's half the question answered. Now let's move onto the second part.

You agree that Federalism is the primary goal of the EU leadership. If, as you say this isn't inevitable, then the EU Leadership's ambition has to be thwarted by some means (I'll save that for a supplementary question when you've answered this one). The question remains, if not a unified Federal state what do you believe is the most likely direction of travel for the EU?

Thanks, that's half the question answered. Now let's move onto the second part.

You agree that Federalism is the primary goal of the EU leadership. If, as you say this isn't inevitable, then the EU Leadership's ambition has to be thwarted by some means (I'll save that for a supplementary question when you've answered this one). The question remains, if not a unified Federal state what do you believe is the most likely direction of travel for the EU?
@Bagl0ck instead of going back through all my postings on other threads and giving them a "dumb".... why not try answering the question? If not Federalism, what is your considered opinion of the future direction of the EU?

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
@Bagl0ck instead of going back through all my postings on other threads and giving them a "dumb".... why not try answering the question? If not Federalism, what is your considered opinion of the future direction of the EU?
Who knows? Why do I have to come up with a narrative for the future of the EU to satisfy you?

Anything beats abruptly unplugging the UK from its biggest trading partner, plus 60 other countries.

The unknowns of a brexit with no plan are rampant and endless.

To try to make some kind of predictive equivalence with our potential future in the EU, where the legal, economic and political framework are all known and are changing at a glacial pace is primary school level debating.

Let's cut off our feet because we may suffer a serious foot injury at an unspecified time in the future is what your logic amounts to.

You received a braincell for posting ridiculous advice with regards to investing

Who knows?

To try to make some kind of predictive equivalence with our potential future in the EU, where the legal, economic and political framework are all known and are changing at a glacial pace is primary school level debating.
I've cropped your reply to keep it relevant to the topic. And you still haven't answered the question.... what direction do you think the EU will go?

All the evidence suggests a Federal United States of Europe. You don't want that. You don't think it's inevitable. But given the EU leadership have all stated that Federalism is their burning ambition, what's your view? You must have some idea or some credible alternative or are you just keeping your fingers crossed that it'll all go away?

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
I've cropped your reply to keep it relevant to the topic. And you still haven't answered the question.... what direction do you think the EU will go?

All the evidence suggests a Federal United States of Europe. You don't want that. You don't think it's inevitable. But given the EU leadership have all stated that Federalism is their burning ambition, what's your view? You must have some idea or some credible alternative or are you just keeping your fingers crossed that it'll all go away?
I've already answered the UK has its veto. This is an immutable fact

Brexit is of course an attempt by the very wealthy to avoid paying their fair share, to the detriment of the vast majority of the UK population.

It's sad that so many of the working class have been duped to enable billionaires to become richer at their expense
If you say so, still does not alter the fact that veto’s mean nothing and the EU is all powerful and is working towards an EU superstate.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
If you say so, still does not alter the fact that veto’s mean nothing and the EU is all powerful and is working towards an EU superstate.
Why do vetos mean nothing?

The EU is all powerful?

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
Ah you read the link, yes the veto means nothing, it’s a fig that’s all, much like yes you can have a referendum but we will tell you the answer.
All in your mind

So when the EU harmonises taxation, will countries be able to use a veto to stop it?

So when the EU harmonises taxation, will countries be able to use a veto to stop it?
.... surely the long term results of this tipping edge debate on the implementation of qualified majority voting in the area of EU Tax policy may finally eliminate that option .anyway ...

Strasbourg, 15 January 2019
The Commission has today kick-started the debate on reforming decision-making for areas of EU taxation policy, which currently requires unanimity among Member States. This unanimity often cannot be achieved on crucial tax initiatives, and can lead to costly delays and sub-optimal policies.
linky .... European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Commission launches debate on a gradual transition to more efficient and democratic decision-making in EU tax policy .