EU and US "Secret Prisons"?

The EU are to ask the US government to explain the reports of "CIA secret prisons" in Eastern European countries.

This is the only report I can find on it at the moment.
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=26&story_id=25033&name=EU+looking+into+'secret+CIA+prisons'+in+Europe

But on BBC World Service news they said that Blair (as sitting EU President) will be "writing a letter on behalf of the whole EU" to ask the US government for clarification.

I wonder how this, if true, will be spun so that it defends freedom and democracy?

I_say_again said:
Steven said:
I wonder how this, if true, will be spun so that it defends freedom and democracy?
How do you know that it dosen't defend our freedom & democracy ?
Sorry wrong question.

If these prisons exist then they are breaking at least some laws/treaties so it will be up to the US to prove that it defends freedom and democracy.

Did anyone else see the C4 news piece about 10-12 days ago?
About a civil registered Boeing Bizjet/737
Allegedly used for transporting detainees to 'non-existant ' holding facilities
I think that the aircraft was reported as being seen at Glasgow or Edinburgh Airport.

E

error_unknown

Oohh a letter on behalf of the EU.... GW must be quaking in his cowboy boots!

E

error_unknown

Oh I'm sure it will break his heart to know the French are in a strop! What will we do without them when we do Iran?...

Darthspud said:
I think that the aircraft was reported as being seen at Glasgow or Edinburgh Airport.
I remember seeing something a few weeks ago that reported flights to Egypt from the UK, where they detained and "questioned" people on our behalf... can't remember what programme it was.

A bit of a 'Google' and a look into the world of the Tinfoil hat wearer... http://www.president-bush.com/torture-jet.html

How about if the EU collectively decide to use Euros to pay for Venezuelian oil.

That might make the Shrub sit up and take notice.

I mean Mr Hussein was starting to take Euros for his oil and look what happened to him.

E

error_unknown

The EU is too busy spending the Dollars some of its politicians made from Oil for Food bless their little socks.

Mandy: You must show us these secret prisons on EU territory - or else!
Dubya: Or else what?
Mandy: Or else we will be very angry, and we'll write you a letter telling you how angry we are!
Dubya: Oh, OK, move a little bit forward...

Herrenbloke said:
Oh I'm sure it will break his heart to know the French are in a strop! What will we do without them when we do Iran?...
oddly enough i saw that very same comment under the encyclopedia entry defining 'imperial hubris'

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Steven said:
But on BBC World Service news they said that Blair (as sitting EU President) will be "writing a letter on behalf of the whole EU" to ask the US government for clarification.
Came across this in St Albion Parish News:

Dear Tony,
(as I know you eschew all this formality nonsense)
rather than bothering Mister Bush at this busy time of the year, ( what with a Thanksgiving Dinner to attend and mid-term elections looming plus members of his inner circle being arraigned for trial soon) can I suggest that you follow up the categoric statement made yesterday on the state Broadcasting authority, our beloved Home Service, that the alleged so-called secret US prison facilities in a thus far un-named EU member country are in fact in Poland.

Yours in Christ,

The Rev. Spooner
Gosh, fancy the clergy getting involved...well, makes you wonder... :)

Le Chevre

AndyPipkin said:
Mandy: You must show us these secret prisons on EU territory - or else!
Dubya: Or else what?
Mandy: Or else we will be very angry, and we'll write you a letter telling you how angry we are!
Dubya: Oh, OK, move a little bit forward...
Hi Andy!

It appears that American senators are dreamers too. They imagine that it is in their power to replace prisoners in foreign countries.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?r109:5:./temp/~r109bIkGx1::

SENATE RESOLUTION 322 (Senate - November 18, 2005)

the transfer of Mr. Khodorkovsky and Mr. Lebedev to prison camps thousands of kilometers from their homes and families represents a violation of the norms and practices of Russia law
It is very kind from their side to care for Russian laws. As a first step they can replace prisoners from Guantanamo and European countries to USA. As to the resolution

Senators: You must replace mr.Khodorkovsky closer to his home - or else!
Putin: Or else what?
Senators: Or else we will be very angry, and we'll write you a letter telling you how angry we are!
Putin: Oh, OK, move a little bit forward

Buwahahahahahahaa :D

Herrenbloke said:
The EU is too busy spending the Dollars some of its politicians made from Oil for Food bless their little socks.
Maybe thats one of the reasons that the auditors have refused to "sign off" the EU accounts for the 11th year running.

tricam said:
He will be if the letter lead to a reduction in cooperation between the EU and the US...

Tricam
Bloody hell; Dubya can read! - When did this happen???

(Or will little Tony the KUNT read it to him as a bed time story?)

CC_TA

I've got nothing against a few suspects going diffy a few finger nails if it stops us getting blown up, heads cut off or generally terrorised.

Mr Happy

LE
Darthspud said:
CIA planes are a common sight, they park with all the military planes but don't have mil markings. Rhine Main Air Base was extremely busy with them 2002-3 (when landing at Frankfurt Airport look left out of the window).

It's worth noting that an aircraft remains the sovereign territory of that nation wherever it goes so technically the CIA are operating on US ground when transiting foreign countries.

Latest Threads