ETS Officer

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Terryw said:
OK, first post, so am expecting some banter my way... :lol:

So am doing a degree in IT (Multimedia/Computer Forensics) and will be completing a Post Graduate in Education. This means i have a IT degree and a degree in education. All together taking four years.

I then wanna join the ETS, but info on thos, on the website is vague and doesn't make things all too clear.

What exactly will i be doing, will i be fighting as well as teching, as a officer who would be under my command, would i go on tours?

Also a more serious issue is a knee injury. Due to a accident (won't go into it) i done my knee in. It was 2 years ago, but i still have ham string tightness and muslce needs building in both legs (was on crutches for a while).
Would this effect my chances of joining?
TerryW
OK, I'll be first. You want to be an educator? Flippin' well learn your grammar and how to spell then!

Terry

All ETS officers have to complete the full commissioning course at Sandhurst which is an absolute physical impossibility with a knackered knee.

Sorry but find another dream.

I always thought that ETS Officers did the vicars and tarts course. You learn something new etc...

You may in years to come get through a medical but for now I think you answered that question in your first post re: hamstring tightness and muscle wastage - you are not ready for an arduous course. By all means get fit and give it a go but your career is you responsibility, so find out as much as possible from Army Careers offices or contact the AGC(ETS) directly and arrange a visit.

Terryw said:
The_Phantom said:
Yes, i understand that Phantom, I am only at the beginning of my degree, so its at least four years away, during which I will be building muscle and I am off to the the doc to get some physio.
I have a meeting at the Careers office for next week about becoming an Officer.

Could you give me a brief on what you do exactly, more detailed so, than the 'Army Jobs' website.
Cheers.

Oh and this just made my day lmao
The_Phantom said:
Could I give you a brief?

No I couldn't.

I am far too fackin' important.

No fighting for you m'boy. You'll be a full-time edumacator, teaching squaddies. Good luck.

ETS do the vicars and tarts Sandhurst thing I believe. Yes you will go on tour - and teach. I also think they get involved in PsyOps / Media handling type stuff.

English and grammar on websites-standards, dear boy, standards. Or just be the type of orrifice that the more educated toms can look down on as intellectual inferiors!

Terryw said:
OK, first post, so am expecting some banter my way... :lol:

So am doing a degree in IT (Multimedia/Computer Forensics) and will be completing a Post Graduate in Education. This means i have a IT degree and a degree in education. All together taking four years.

I then wanna join the ETS, but info on thos, on the website is vague and doesn't make things all too clear.

What exactly will i be doing, will i be fighting as well as teching, as a officer who would be under my command, would i go on tours?

Also a more serious issue is a knee injury. Due to a accident (won't go into it) i done my knee in. It was 2 years ago, but i still have ham string tightness and muslce needs building in both legs (was on crutches for a while).
Would this effect my chances of joining?
TerryW
Not very intelligent are you, if you were you would pop into one of those new fangled recruiting shops that we spend so much money on and ask a professional.

Wait until you pass your degrees and then have a look at it. If you fail, we are short of drivers.........

How many degrees is he doing FFS? Oh, just one, one of those new-fangled ones from a red-brick university. Unlike your CSE, Daytona, you can get these by collecting the tops off cereal packets!

Northern Monkey said:
ETS do the vicars and tarts Sandhurst thing I believe. Yes you will go on tour - and teach. I also think they get involved in PsyOps / Media handling type stuff.

English and grammar on websites-standards, dear boy, standards. Or just be the type of orrifice that the more educated toms can look down on as intellectual inferiors!
No-they do the full Sandhurst Course

I suggest you join your UOTC.

You will do the full RMAS cse.

I suggest you go and get on a fam visit- spk to the UOL.