Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by carpetsfm7sr94champs, May 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is our Corps Losing sight of our Ethos? I think we are. Now I promote it every day, those of you that know me, know that. Do we, those of you out there, continue this when they get to their Units? Looking forward to your witty and generic answers, cheers.
  2. I'll be promoting a bit of ethos on Sat when I yak up all over Twickers tube stn !
  3. Jesus carpets thats a lot of punctuation for a liney :p

So, corps ethos. Well as i'm at a non R sigs unit i make every effort to remind people of my background. To achieve this i put jimmys up in every possible location, I constantly talk in voice procedure, being a technician i remind everybody every 5 minutes that i'm cleverer than them and spend my entire working day complaining about having to do anything remotely military. Oh and the corps colour paint is on order. :p

Interesting point raised though carpets, But what is our corps ethos exactly?
  4. 'Communications (especially the 'world beater' Ptarmigan) is the only thing that matters. If that works, we don't give a tosh about informatin systems - that's for nerds and geeks'
    Sounds like the ethos to me.
  5. Winco

For a first stab, that's pretty much right on the money.
  6. Wah?

Effects-based planning, my dear boy. What's the point of having a communications channel with nice flashing lights if it ain't optimised for the type of traffic it needs to carry. Remember that we're now in the 21st century and it's all about delivering capability.

7. Guru,
    It must be because I have been working hand in hand with DE Sigs officers for 2.5 years who don't know the difference between the OSI model and and an Airfix model.
  8. They would be more interested in the glue than the Airfix model mate. OSI means counting to seven too remember, and that might be just beyond the capabilities for some DE officers.....
  9. This one is for Bull. Ethos is down to your interpretation, what do you think it is? Don't give me the 'pam' answer you cheat!
  10. Is the ethos:- The higher up you get, the more of a c@nt you have to be?????
  11. zbz 5 ar
  12. Fellas, Thankyou indeed for positive feedback, well appreciated. F0ck me, I should have known better!
  13. What would Pam know eh???

My interpretation of our ethos. Keep Smiling. Get the job done properly while everybody above you is over reacting and be proud of that fact that your providing the same reliable service that the corps has provided for years. Who cares what you do for the hierachy at the time, do your job for the memory of those that have done it before you and do it to the same standard they did. But most of all do it with a smile on your face. It could be worse, you could be a pioneer digging sh!tters. :D
  14. We need PIONEERS! Don't we?