Ethergen will you get kicked out the army for using it ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by padre666, Apr 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was told it stays in your body for 4-5 days is this true ?

does the CDT team test for it ?
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Why would you want to use a slimming pill?

Can't you run?
  3. I think you might be on about Ephadrin, and it is illegal in the army. Hydroxicut Harcore uses it and guys on tour in Iraq are banned from using it
  4. The name Ethergen is unknowm to the MIMS online guide, either as a generic drug or as a registered brand name. If MIMS don't know about it, then your drug is probably a poison. Traditionaly illegal slimming pills contain amphetamines, these will definately get you kicked out but getting kicked out is then perhaps the least of your worries.

Ephedrine compounds are used in some slimming drugs. Check them out first, Google MIMS.
  5. Why would it be illegal? It's not illegal in civvie street? I can understand it would be frowned upon and I don't know why anybody would use ephedrine, but I doubt it's illegal..
  6. Hmmm.. Doesn't fit in with military life perhaps?

IIRC there are possible problems with Blood Pressure and Kidneys, and if not used properly can cause dehydration or heat stroke.

Can also affect attention and the gestational tract.... Of special note on teh attention side, it can also lead to paranoia and panic, periods of agitation and (now think of someone holding a weapon) hostility.

It was "vogue" for a while for students and business men to take it to "improve" concentration... this can lead to stimulant addictiction.
  7. Oh...fcuking...really?!
  8. Someone's talking pish.....
  9. Would you care to elaborate?
  10. Seems I owe you an apology :oops: : check the link below

Absolutely shocking!
  11. "Pte Richard Levell, an 18-year-old recruit at the Infantry Training Centre in Catterick, North Yorkshire, confessed to taking the drug in his barrack room after an instructor found the video evidence on his mobile telephone."

Clearly a very sharp cookie then.
  12. I know someone caught fairly recently, he's still around 4 months later and no idea wtf is going on.
  13. The lad caught at Catterick perhaps is a good case of how in some cases (ie one every millenia) it may be worth retaining the individual.

The CIC lad is 18, and probably early in his training. A short sharp pull up, including education, may well pull this lad back on to the rails. This could be a throw back to his civvie days.

The caught lad is likely to be already feeling a bit of "peer pressure" (but NOT bullying) and perhaps feels like an arrse for doing it.

I very much doubt a CDT team will be passing this lad in the night for any short time.
  14. But then again elsewhere they'll boot you no questions asked