Eternity Ring

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Interceptor, Nov 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick question. How much am I supposed to spend on an eternity ring? Engagement rings follow a rule of thumb, but I can't find anything similar on eternity rings.
  2. much as you can comfortably afford would be a good rule of finger (see what I did there?)
  3. It's a grand for every other bird you knock off while your together.

Tell her that and stick to under £999
  4. That one cost me the most. By that point, we were earning well. Got engaged young and therefore the engagement ring was all we could afford, and was probably about £50 from Argos. It was a token more than anything. Wedding rings were plain for both of us, so this was the first chance for some decent bling on her hand.
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

£30 mate, your only going to get it flung at you when you split up anyway.
  6. avoid sharp edges too
  7. WTF is an eternity ring?
  8. Generally a gift for the missus post-childbirth to make up for the fact she's ripped arse to breakfast and that her foof is ruined forever.
  9. It's what you give her when it feels like you've been married for an eternity.

Why do so many men die before their wives? Because they want to.
  10. What on earth is an eternity ring?
  11. Doesn't matter how much you pay for it mate, if you're married you're paying for it for enternity anyway
  12. Don't go too mad, she'll only expect more. My missus wants diamond earrings and diamond this and that for Christmas - I'm going to buy her a pack of cards and a diamond studded chain to the sink!
  13. An eternity ring usually is more expensive ,not only because several years will have passed since you bought the engagement ring. If you can , suggest a channel set ring rather than the full eternity ring. The diamonds on the underside of a full eternity ring are prone to being battered about and falling out. As to cost it should be what you can afford without going in to debt.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. That's why its called an eternity ring, takes a fuckin eternity to save up for one they are that friggin expensive!
  15. I got my wife a real brahmer. Tell you what, give us 3k and I'll cut it off her finger for you