ETA announce permanent ceasefire

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cornelius, Mar 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just HAMAS now and the world will be a veritable land of milk and honey.
    Cynical ole me
  2. Of course, the ceasefire will probably follow the line of the provos, with extortion, punishment beatings, organised crime et al continuing as before...and the incumbent govenment trying to cash in despite having little to do with it. Deja vu anyone?

3. I wonder how long permanent will be this time?
  4. Untill the tourist season starts me thinks then a big hit in Alicante.
  5. Unfortunately you're probably right, nothing hurts a govenment so much as a blow to their cash cow.
    Perhaps we could talk them into removing bliar?

6. If anyone had a just cause, it was ETA.

Had Franco not tried to ethnically cleanse them out of existance, there would never have been an 'ETA'. Don't get me wrong, I cannot justify the subsequent subversive terrorism or acts of atrocity, nor would I necessarily want to; but it is always worth remembering that one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. We, in this country, have a knack of being quite prejudicial in who 'we' decide to like or not, before then radically reversing our stand point. Cast your minds back to our Protectorate of Palestine, and the wrongs done to us by what are now called Israelis. Watch what happens, and indeed what has happened, in Ireland - known murderers are occupying seats of power in Government, and a whole raft of crimes are being swept under the mat at Mr Bliar's insistance. Saddam Hussien's not a bad example, but he was the other way around.