Essex and Kent highest proportion of pupils with learning problems

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BounceBanana, Dec 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well Essex as all know is full of lets say underachievers. In Kent they are often very very dumb.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

Kent police agree with NUT proposal that Essex kids get more remedial assistance with learning than Kent firemen believe .??
  3. I should think,one of the reasons is,both of these counties are used as overspill areas for London councils,and also dumping grounds for Kids in care,been happening for decades.

I'm not saying that's the main reason just,one of the contributing factors.

That said,the reason one Grammar School near Tonbridge,is expanding it's campus,is because the good people of Surrey,seem to think it's a good school,and bus their kids over the border into Kent! :)
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Essex also includes a large part of what people think of as East London, so there's a lot of very poor people and very poor people are generally less clever than richer people. But the county does have some of the best performing grammar schools in the country as well, so I like to think it evens out.
  5. Essex and Kent always were speshull!
  6. Most of the country don't have grammer schools any more, Kent is about 25 years behind the rest of the UK in most things. Dress sense and haircuts are just two I could mention.

This report also leaves out the amount of pupils with English as an Additional Language. It's also a dumping ground for France's unwanted immigrants so most class rooms sound like a premier league dressing room.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. That includes your area, evidently
    • Like Like x 4
  8. That would be a spelling issue, not a grammer issue.
  9. If you'd attended a grammar school you'd have learned to spell properly, therefore my point stands.
  10. On the subject of education it's good practice to leave a space following use of a comma.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Judd? The reason we are 20 years behind is because the rest of you grockel tossers went mental about 2 decades ago! I mean, Geordie shore, what the bloody hell!!!!!!!!!! Invicta!!!! FREEEEEEDOOOOOM! ;)
  12. And I've just noticed I'm a day behind on this thread!! See.........Kent, doing its own thing since 1066!
  13. Makes a change for the Star to be reporting things like this. Usually they are reporting chip pan fires