essentialkit

#1
Hi guys this is my first post so go easy. I have just joined the TA as an infantry soldier and would like to get an understanding of any esential kit that I should be considering everything from very basic field kit ie what to make up a wash kit and first aid kit to have in my webbing to the more gucci stuff like para helmet, airbourne webbing and bests boots to get!

I am just looking for hints and tips from some of you more experenced guys.

many thanks
 
#9
Start small with extra green t-shirts, good quility mil style socks then work your way up to Gucci kit as and when you need to.
 
#11
LordVonHarley said:
Start small with extra green t-shirts, good quility mil style socks then work your way up to Gucci kit as and when you need to.
Is that like really green?
 
#12
Good quality pyjamas are a must. It might sound silly but when your combats are soaked through you'll be so glad you've got them when you climb into your scratcher. Just make sure the colours are tactical though, otherwise everyone will take the piss.
 
#13
barbs said:
LordVonHarley said:
Start small with extra green t-shirts, good quility mil style socks then work your way up to Gucci kit as and when you need to.
Is that like really green?
So fecking GREEN it will make your eye's bleed if you stare at it for to long. :D
 
#14
righthandmarker said:
Good quality pyjamas are a must. It might sound silly but when your combats are soaked through you'll be so glad you've got them when you climb into your scratcher. Just make sure the colours are tactical though, otherwise everyone will take the urine.
* body wah-mour on *

Yes, because tactical PJ's have soooo much less of a pi$$ take lock on them than normal PJ's... :roll: :D

* body wah-mour off *

The only thing you will need initially that isn't issued is Haribo... Lots and lots of Haribo. aka morale-i-bo

F_G
 
#15
Good sharp leatherman

Para chord (yes it is more usefull than green string, you'll see why when some numty walks in to your basha at 3am, green string snaps, para chord don't)

Map holder (also doubles as note book holder)

Maglite+spare batteries and bulb (paint the lens with red nail varnish)

Tent pegs

Wash kit, with small tooth brush, baby wipes, shaving soap and brush, razor, small tube of toothpaste, soap.

Black insulation tape, tape up all your bergan and webbing straps.

Bungee up your webbing, jump up and down and see if you make a noise, if you do find a way to stop it, most people leave their mess tins rattling away, put spmething between them like a cloth, also helps clean them, this goes for anything in your bergan rattling.
 
#17
Get some proper insoles for your boots, the issue insoles are sh1te.
There's a link on Army Net to get some at a discount.
 
#18
mark1234 said:
I saw in the Wiki, stabtiffy saying you can't cut para chord, what are you using a f*cking butter knife?
So, you're saying it's not the man, it's the tool? Oh, hang on a minute...
 
#19
mark1234 said:
Good sharp leatherman

Para chord (yes it is more usefull than green string, you'll see why when some numty walks in to your basha at 3am, green string snaps, para chord don't)

Map holder (also doubles as note book holder)

Maglite+spare batteries and bulb (paint the lens with red nail varnish)

Tent pegs

Wash kit, with small tooth brush, baby wipes, shaving soap and brush, razor, small tube of toothpaste, soap.

Black insulation tape, tape up all your bergan and webbing straps.

Bungee up your webbing, jump up and down and see if you make a noise, if you do find a way to stop it, most people leave their mess tins rattling away, put spmething between them like a cloth, also helps clean them, this goes for anything in your bergan rattling.
Better off with Fusilier cord than para cord!
 
#20
brucewillis said:
mark1234 said:
Good sharp leatherman

Para chord (yes it is more usefull than green string, you'll see why when some numty walks in to your basha at 3am, green string snaps, para chord don't)

Map holder (also doubles as note book holder)

Maglite+spare batteries and bulb (paint the lens with red nail varnish)

Tent pegs

Wash kit, with small tooth brush, baby wipes, shaving soap and brush, razor, small tube of toothpaste, soap.

Black insulation tape, tape up all your bergan and webbing straps.

Bungee up your webbing, jump up and down and see if you make a noise, if you do find a way to stop it, most people leave their mess tins rattling away, put spmething between them like a cloth, also helps clean them, this goes for anything in your bergan rattling.
Better off with Fusilier cord than para cord!
Is it white, red and fluffy?!
 

Latest Threads