Essential Equipment for the Falklands

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by smartarse, Nov 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The BBC have a blurb about HRH going to the Falklands. Included is a piece from a royal correspondent who says

What? Can anyone explain?

BBC News - Prince William to be deployed to Falklands

edited to add link
  2. Not true. If you genuinely have need of one you will be issued one.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Oh decisions decisions........

4. It's to tether the sheep to.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It's quite a while since I was at MPA, but IIRC coat hangers were like single available women and much harder to barter for!
  6. If posted to the Falklands, a single coathook won't bear the weight when you try to hang yourself.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I thought it was to hang his crown on?
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I thought it was to allow you to hang your liver out to drip-dry after another Friday night in the "operational" Falkland Islands!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It's because the rails have vanished from inside most of the wardrobes. Some residents have evidently tried to screw coathooks to the doors and walls but haven't been successful getting them to stay on - hardly surprising when they've used woodscrews in plasterboard.

Over-the-door coathooks are the way to go. That and those telescopic wardrobe rails.

Of course, the essential item is a mirror. There aren't many of those around and the silvering has come off those that are.
  10. It's a typo; it should read 'boat-hook'.
  11. Surely they mean an extra 'CROOK shepherds for the use' of, for catching you roomy for the night.
  12. He's been promoted to WO2 already?
  13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Mirror? Wtf does anyone with any tetosterone need a mirror for?
  14. I can shave without a mirror but keeping the testosterone-fuelled 'tache trimmed without one is just too risky.
  15. Isn't thermal underwear on the list?