ESS eyewear range

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by skintboymike, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've seen a lot of blokes wearing these and decided to look into them a bit deeper. I was quite pleased to find this;

http://www.esseyepro.com/uploads/ESS_NSN_List(US).pdf

Has anyone ordered these through their QM's before? For those that have them, what are they like? Any particular model's that stand out? They seem relatively cheap, so I thought I'd ask on here before I plunged in an bought something.

2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Look at the sticky on operational eyewear before you buy anything

3. Ha, I flicked through four pages of threads trying to find a related eyewear thread, didn't check the stickys though, cheers ;)

The chances of me going on ops in the next couple of years are nil, so buying from the site is probably my only option right now. I'd still be interested to hear from anyone who has owned a pair that cn recommend a particular model.

4. I can recommend the ICE series glasses. I wore them for 9 months whenever I was outside the wire and never had any problems with them.

5. Yes..good bit of kit..for some reason other keep getting the legs lost....:)

6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Try fleabay. Got a set of the Advancer V12 with 3 spare lenses and bag for a fiver in as new condition.