Escorts for Heroes - E-Petition

#1
Guys

I've just checked the petition which ends soon ..... at 1235 on 17 October there were a miserable 3420 signatures!!!

Let's please get this thing rolling and swamp it with signatures before it runs out. Nu Lieabour won't listen unless they think lots of people are peed off.

An escort is the least this country can do!!

If you don't get it signed I'll just have to call out the outrage bus!!!!
 

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#3
Why do our heroes need high class hookers? A nice bonus it may be but I'm sure we all agree that the money would be better spent on proper health care / decent facilities etc.
 
#4
Ravers said:
Why do our heroes need high class hookers? A nice bonus it may be but I'm sure we all agree that the money would be better spent on proper health care / decent facilities etc.
I for one disagree!
 

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#5
codename1157 said:
Ravers said:
Why do our heroes need high class hookers? A nice bonus it may be but I'm sure we all agree that the money would be better spent on proper health care / decent facilities etc.
I for one disagree!
Actually come to think of it you are probably right. :D
 
#6
FrankIG said:
Guys

I've just checked the petition which ends soon ..... at 1235 on 17 October there were a miserable 3420 signatures!!!

Let's please get this thing rolling and swamp it with signatures before it runs out. Nu Lieabour won't listen unless they think lots of people are peed off.

An escort is the least this country can do!!

If you don't get it signed I'll just have to call out the outrage bus!!!!
They won't listen anyway, this is a waste of time and effort.
 
#7
#8
CQMS said:
FrankIG said:
Guys

I've just checked the petition which ends soon ..... at 1235 on 17 October there were a miserable 3420 signatures!!!

Let's please get this thing rolling and swamp it with signatures before it runs out. Nu Lieabour won't listen unless they think lots of people are peed off.

An escort is the least this country can do!!

If you don't get it signed I'll just have to call out the outrage bus!!!!
They won't listen anyway, this is a waste of time and effort.[/quote]



My bold ..... spoken like a true CQMS.

It's worth the attempt!!!
 
#9

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#10
OK I misunderstood your use of the word 'Escort'.

Very worthy cause. Petition signed.
 
#11
FrankIG said:
Nu Lieabour won't listen unless they think lots of people are peed off.
I've made an exception this time - but when I see some pr1ck using such a phrase, I always click out of the thread without reading any further. Giving them (whoever them is at the time) a 'witty' nickname just makes you look a bit stupid.
 
#13
Done
 
#16
A nice idea - but who do you see doing the job itself ? the RAF Regt, the nearest unit to Brize or the blokes own rear party ? We could be in danger of making a bit of a circus of this, especially as the trip is only heading to the hospital mortuary.

Dignified arrival, dignified funeral is the decent way forward - otherwise we'll end up making a complete emotional show like the yanks. Time for a bit of decent Briish reserve I think.
 
#19
Trossachs said:
A nice idea - but who do you see doing the job itself ? the RAF Regt, the nearest unit to Brize or the blokes own rear party ? We could be in danger of making a bit of a circus of this, especially as the trip is only heading to the hospital mortuary.

Dignified arrival, dignified funeral is the decent way forward - otherwise we'll end up making a complete emotional show like the yanks. Time for a bit of decent Briish reserve I think.
British reserve is OK, but we should be highlighting the true cost of our "conflicts". I do not see there being a problem with giving some of our fallen a Police escort to their home town, as long as the family agree.

Come on, let's support our people for once !!
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top