Escape To The Legion

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by paragorge, Jul 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That Lehgion Programme on C4 is just a staged reinactment and not truly filmed in the Legion, its all ex Legion / Legion failures milking a TV deal.....Very Sad

2. With a nonce yank thinking he is the hardest man in the world. Very gay voice he has... And he looks about 10 years old.

Annoyed me too much to watch the rest of it.

3. Whats the deal with Bear then? special forces at 18? I take it that was with 21 or 23 ?

4. Yes he makes that point a few times rather too prominently in the book he wrote about Everest and in a couple of newspaper articles, possibly a bit of a bullsh*tter? Although why you should need to after climbing Everest i don't know. Anyway I was a bit disappointed as I was expecting a fly on the wall documentary about a wild night out down the local ex-services club

5. Yes a bird a work overheard me talking to a mate about the legion, she said "what were you in the Foreign Legion"
    I replied" No Im in the British Legion"
    She said "Oh right"
    I then said "In ze legion you drink beer or die"
    much like concorde, it went straight over her head.

6. Which Legion failures were those then ? they all had at least 5 years Legion service.

7. I too was hoping to tune in and see a fly-on-the-wall doc. Dissappointed not to see Dolly Daydream and her amazing "hide the Guiness bottle" pantry trick along with the Domino's club getting rough and shafting the darts team because big Geoff, mexican bum w@nked midget Barry's ex-wife.

Or is that just my Legion???????

8. I cannot condone anybody who decides to go and fight for the French.

9. Well someone has to fight for the french :D

10. I agree LAIRDY... but they cant do it themselves.... bless......

11. i wish some one would make a decent fly on the wall about life in the army even if it was the french legion

12. The last good one was probably the paras one in the eighties.

13. Could be interesting if they made a fly on the wall documentary about the army today. How about four weeks at Deepcut?

14. Bit dodgy that, I understand that most recruits get shot in about week 3.

15. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

MiB felt that either Bear Grit-Furcker was either camping it up for the camera or he has never experienced basic training........oh, I forgot......he has never experienced basic training.

He may be ex TA SF but there is (or at least there used to be) something uniquely gruesome about basic training.....a true psychological grinder.

Anyone for two hours duragliting the shiny bin followed by climbing the quadrangle tree and singing "American Pie" from the top to the other recruits because you are too scared to come down and face the corporal of you don't do all the verses?