Escape from Colditz!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Aug 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Channel 5 tonight.
    Some nutters rebuild the "glider in the attic". Then attempt to fly it of the roof.
  2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

'Cept they have to put a Crash Test Dummy in it, because Elf 'n' Safety wouldn't allow a person ...

How times change!!!
  3. It's on channel 4 @ 2100.
  4. its allready been done,,, some of the lads who made the thing made a programe a few years back,,true not of the roof,,but it was made of the same things (cept the dope) and worked
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Cheers mucker!
  6. Post the Iron Curtain falling, our Cpl's Mess did a tour of Colditz, including the glider episode. We where told that it was hidden from view by a false wall in the attic, and the plan for launch was to knock down the gable end wall using the falling masonry to launch it, thus after a short flight they would land it the other side of a river, if the falling masonry didn't drag it straight into the ground!!
    Completely madcap but I suppose needs must.
  7. from the last programe it was spoz to be a bag they had nicked and put in an iron bar that was in the wall,, and i spoz bricks ect,, even the lads them selves said they where not looking forward to doing that bit,, it was a very long drop and they hoped just to get on a far bank to do a runner they had in mind,,, when they did remake it for the prog,, it flew like a bird,, right down to the tennis balls for the shock skid
  8. Is that English?
  9. Yes Jim, but not as we know it.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Still in service with Ryanair. Dublin to Stanstead.
    • Like Like x 6
  11. i can beleave it :D
  12. For you ve var is over, oh no it isn't. Kommandant had a museum to show other guards what they could do.
  13. Col. Seb in it as well
  14. The whiney, can't do attitude of the presenter is making it hard to watch. Talking in a German accent in order to make sense to the locals was just embarrassing. And now he's ******* crying.

I hope Mike Tyson rapes him.