Erskine Home Charity

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by blackflag23, Feb 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,I hope I've put this in the right place !
    I've just read todays paper(Daily Record) and apparently the above charity are having some Financial Difficulties.
    Jobs are going to be lost and sections of the Charity closed !! I'm sure you all know of the fantastic work this Charity have done for all Members of the Forces since WW1. It saddens me to see this happening.
    I am fully aware that money is precious just now, but they
    need Funds urgently !!

You can Donate by post: The Fundraising Department
    Erskine,Bishopton, Renfrewshire.PA75PU
    or Text: ERSK11 followed by the amount to 70070.

Thanks for reading,

blackflag23

2. Thanks for that theylie,i'm just getting used to this calor gas computer.

3. What a sad state of affairs and a terrible indictment of "priorities" when it comes to donating to charity.

Tonight I expect to see TV adverts asking me to sponsor a leopard or save a donkey. Beat it!!

4. Thanks for that Imbider. I know you have to draw the line somewhere with Charity Donations, but where do you actually draw it ?? For me in this order:
    ANYTHING to do with our Armed Forces & Veterans,British Heart Foundation, Motability,
    Children. My pockets aren't bottomless but £1 or what you can afford ???????

As for the Adverts.............SPOT ON !!! The BBC news here in Central Scotland is full of Animal Welfare. I do go on, apoligies.

5. Have they asked Help4Heroes to step in with support? Whilst all other Service Charities are struggling they seem to be awash with money, so surely it is their moral remit to aid Erskine House! I am sure that is what the public who have contributed over 100 Million Pounds to H4H would want.

6. I'll follow up on that and let you know. You'd think that would be a natural course of action when the siht started to hit the fan !!

7. [​IMG] Originally Posted by selectvestry [​IMG]
    Have they asked Help4Heroes to step in with support? Whilst all other Service Charities are struggling they seem to be awash with money, so surely it is their moral remit to aid Erskine House! I am sure that is what the public who have contributed over 100 Million Pounds to H4H would want.
    I'll follow up on that and let you know. You'd think that would be a natural course of action when the siht started to hit the fan !!

8. Sorry about the last post..Brains and fingers refusing to agree !!
    Select Vestry: I spoke with the Journalist who ran the story. I pointed out your comments ie: H4H etc, he is going to look into it and come back to me ??????
    probably about Septober 32nd !!

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you look at the H4H website here:

Help for Heroes - How We Spend Your Money

you will see that H4H have already given £769,987 to Erskine House PRC.

The 'problem' with H4H is that their remit is to help those who have been injured since 9/11 (as stated on the website) so peronnel injured in earlier conflicts are not eligible for assistance. This has been mentioned elsewhere on arrse when older war pensioners are struggling to cope.

From H4H FAQs:

Why don’t you support Servicemen from former wars before 9/11?

We had to start somewhere and there are literally hundreds of wonderful organisations already providing support to the veterans of earlier wars. Those veterans are equally our heroes, but our funds are limited and they are already cared for. After each major conflict, charities are set up to help those who are damaged as a result: The Royal British Legion in the aftermath of World War 1 and The Army Benevolent Fund in 1944 for example. Help for Heroes was set up in order to help those returning from Iraq and Afghanistan today.