Error message when looking for TA regs.

Discussion in 'ArmyNet Announcements' started by oldcolt, May 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Clicked on the link on ANet for TA regulations which are now held on the Army Electronic Library and received the following response:

2009 Trove WebServer Bad Request

There is no INI file entry corresponding to Server IP address: MICROSOFT-IIS:192.168.xxxx Only the following are defined in Trovesys.ini -
    MICROSOFT-IIS:94.xxxxxxx
    MICROSOFT-IIS:192.168.xxxx

Please contact your Trove administrator.

You may return to the library level by following this link .

Edited once, just to be on the safe side.

2. I get the same. The 192.168.xxx.xxx IP address is for internal use and will not work over the internet.

Steve.

3. Great! :x Good Old ArmyNet; move part of a system that is really needed by guys who don't have good access to DII from a site they CAN easily access to a site they cant.

Also discovered the other day when on DII/ JPA that you can't access Armynet without some extra special password when you are on a DII terminal at your TAC. How fekking daft is that? :evil:

4. That'll be your IGS account for internet access from a RESTRICTED system - not really daft afterall!

5. I can understand the logic (and sense) of that but surely, it's not beyond the whit of someone to enable Armynet to be directly accessible from DII (a mirror site). I am NO techy, but I can't see that it would be that difficult to do. I may well be talking out of my arse on that one tho' :? :)

Edited once for spelling error.

6. Many thanks for bringing this error to our attention.

We will investigate.

7. Should be fixed now.

8. Got it. Thanks! :)