Error 524

Been getting this error on trying to access the site a few times this morning, then it crashed completely. Are the COs furtling about again?

Z

Zarathustra

I got the same error and a screen telling me that my internet connection and cloudflare were working but the site was unresponsive.

Same here with the 524 Error. Last 50 search now giving this:
[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] no enabled local indexes to search

Yup, a somewhat random crash with, unusually, no fiddling by us, and no symptoms other than failure to connect. No reports of problems for our hosts. I will look into it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I believe that only sock puppets get this message!!! :-D

I just got an error message saying COCK. Can CO's investigate please.

I believe that only sock puppets get this message!!! :-D
I did wonder that as I have recently been signed on to ARRSE at another poster's address and vice versa! When they said they couldn't get on either, I wondered if it was a purge of sock puppets!

Trust me, there is only one me!!

I did wonder that as I have recently been signed on to ARRSE at another poster's address and vice versa! When they said they couldn't get on either, I wondered if it was a purge of sock puppets!

Trust me, there is only one me!!
For a while 2 of us had to use my account as the other one got closed for being a sockpuppet, within minutes of both accounts being signed in from the normal internet connection instead of one being signed in by phone.

Same here with the 524 Error. Last 50 search now giving this:
[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] no enabled local indexes to search
Ditto.

Win 7 64bit & IE 9

B

bokkatankie

Only bit I can see is home page, rest gets same error report, I am in SA, there does appear to be problems with other international sites, slow opening etc., as usual assumed it was our undersea cable thingie, until I saw other responses on here:

Last 50 search now giving this:
vBulletin Message

no enabled local indexes to search

Edited to add, I can get to threads via Forum pages, so all it not lost!

Me too.
I'm in Australia and I get the impression that at least one of the servers having a problem is in Sydney - because I saw that on one of the error pages I saw.
Been having it on or off for at least 6 hours. It's now about 19:20 local. My time zone is +9.5hr (adelaide/darwin i.e. CST).

Only bit I can see is home page, rest gets same error report, I am in SA, there does appear to be problems with other international sites, slow opening etc., as usual assumed it was our undersea cable thingie, until I saw other responses on here:

Last 50 search now giving this:
vBulletin Message

no enabled local indexes to search

Edited to add, I can get to threads via Forum pages, so all it not lost!
Also getting "vBulletin Message

all remote agents unreachable and no available local indexes found" when trying the last 50 on the badgers arrse

Getting this too on the iPhone app but only on 'Participated Threads' tab.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead