Erm hello!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fluffybiscuits, Mar 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not too sure if I am in the right forum but the following question might make me unwelcome!

Reading the report on the BBC of the six soldiers who died in Afghanistan reminded me of the words of a joke Frankie Boyle told (satirically)

"Basically, we are murdering a load of shepherds. What gets me is our callousness as a society when we read out our dead on the news first, because our lives are more important. Other people's aren't worth as much."

Today on facebook a lot of messages floating about how awful and tragic it was etc etc. I was at pains to point out to a lot of people that the loss of any sort of life is tragic and needless but no people do not care less as these young soldiers were liberators. The BBC went overboard on the tributes

BBC News - Afghanistan soldiers: Families pay tribute to 'heroes'

BBC News - Soldiers' families on sadness and pride after deaths in Afghanistan

BBC News - Afghanistan deaths: Family and friends pay tribute to soldiers

BBC News - Business as usual for British troops in Lashkah Gah

BBC News - Halifax says 'time to come home' after Yorkshire soldiers killed

and so on and so on, few other links also however there is little mention of the Afghan people some of whom were killed by a suicide bomber, they seem to be mere footnotes. Am I missing something here or does the media believe that imperialist occupation forces lives are more important than that of an Afghan?

2. They are.
    Infinitely.
    Simple really.
    Thanks for coming.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Just to add, this is not meant to be trolling, this is copied and pasted from another forum so if you want to restrict me from starting new topics so you know Im not going to start causing havoc! I

I take it with your concises short answer that you have nothing else to back that up whatsoever?

4. If there is a God, please make Chat work within the next 30 seconds.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fuck off, you filthy journalist/left wing tit/sociology student.

Go on, just fuck off. If you have media questions, ask the media directly. If you've just come here to cause shit, you're doing a piss-poor job.

Off you pop then love

xxx

• Like Like x 9
  6. This is the UK, we tend to report primarily on the deaths of UK Nationals. I am sure in the Afghan Newspapers when a bomb goes off they talk mostly about the dead Afghans, and there will be a sidenote mentioning 6 dead coalition troops....

This media is a fickle thing, I think you will find that almost every country focuses on its own...... Strange that

Now if you want to go cry yourself to sleep over another countries dead then learn to read Pashto and trawl their media websites rather than the BBC which is pretty much on a par with the Daily Mail these days

• Like Like x 4
  7. Or you could get your tits out?

• Like Like x 3
  8. wanker.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  9. And when you think you've fucked off far enough, go fuck off some more.

• Like Like x 14
  10. Yeah, we kinda got that. If you want to cut 'n paste shite you read on another forum, adjust the font and point size. It is a dead giveaway.

Oh, and you are to 'havoc' what Muffin the Mule is to a chemical spill in an irradiated orphanage. Now go to bed, theres a good boy.

11. We are a subtle lot here, indeed, a band of unspoken academics.

I think you should provide a reference to said forum, you don't need to get all Havard referency on us, just a wee linky will do.

I'm guessing you are an attention seeker, content to be abused in every which way, anything rather than being ignored.

No wonder your mother despises you.

12. Hehe the greatest reasons for justifying abortion are you lot. A shower of emasculated cunts who may think shooting up innocent kids is a way of life

Yeah I can do the abuse too but seriously can we not have a mature discussion?

Azareal thanks for the sensible response :)

13. wanker.JPG

I remember when we had proper trolls around here. Lady Flasheart and that Dog_Nuts cunt.

14. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

If you posted it in the NAAFI bar, then yes, your first line is exactly the case.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not too sure if I am in the right forum but the following question might make me unwelcome!

hi, im a bhuddist...i'm not really sure what you mean would you like to come round to my house and talk shite, could be dangerous!

*i wear smileys like i wear clowns boots*