erm....are these the people you want watching your back??

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by blaze2009uk, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quite old but....

This is the transcript of the ACTUAL radio conversation of a U.S. naval ship with the Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland. The Chief of Naval Operations on October 10th 1995 released the radio conversation.
    _________

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN. THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ATLANTIC FLEET. THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS ACCOMPANY US. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTERMEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: We are a lighthouse. Your call.

2. I heard Starbucks do not support the troops too...

3. Is this true? i have heard it many times but surely no one was that stupid

4. .....not true

5. Last time I read that drivel, it was a lighthouse in Ireland.

6. I have been hearing that via, text, email, word of mouth for over 10 years. Still makes me smile though.

7. Definately true! I read about it on....err Arrse

hundreds of times.

8. I think the first time I saw that it was on parchment.....

9. They discovered that story carved on a tomb wall in Egypt.

10. Is it right that if you do 22 years as a Trooper you get an RSM's pension?

11. no broken man...you get the same as a Colonel

I was told of this fact on here...so it is 100% gen.

12. I heard that if your on a bed with another bloke asleep but with one foot on the floor and your woken by your RSM you can smack him in the face and get away with it. And grow a beard at the same time if your on leave whilst firing the battery commanders dog out of a big gun. Just after you shagged your own daughter in the guard room in the dark after the lads have been through her. This being after you watched the Dear John video which cuts to the lads on the rear party hanging out of you missus's rear end

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.