Eric Pickles - we are not worthy

Found this elsewhere

Eric Pickles? The man's a genius!

Logically extending his argument:

30mph speed limits - When no pedestrians are present, you can go as fast as you like.
One-way streets - If there's nothing coming, feel free to drive the wrong way down it.
No left/right turns - again if there's nothing coming, go for it!
Red traffic light - ditto.
Roundabouts - if there's nothing coming, why be forced by pointless traffic laws to drive around it clockwise if anti-clockwise gets you to where you want to be faster.

I can't see what could possibly go wrong and they'd bust congestion like anything!

This government has also proposed 80mph speed limits, new anti-middle lane hogging and undertaking laws, all of which have been successfully implemented.

Off topic - time for my medicine please nurse.
Whilst you're at it Nursey, better double Eric's dose.

So what traffic laws would you change?

Big pointy spike poking up from the steering wheel may encourage people with six points to drive better.

Big pointy spike poking up from the steering wheel may encourage people with six points to drive better.
Not sure you've grasped where Uncle (mad as a box of frogs) Eric is coming from on this. Just saying.

Found this elsewhere

Eric Pickles? The man's a genius!

Logically extending his argument:

30mph speed limits - When no pedestrians are present, you can go as fast as you like.
One-way streets - If there's nothing coming, feel free to drive the wrong way down it.
No left/right turns - again if there's nothing coming, go for it!
Red traffic light - ditto.
Roundabouts - if there's nothing coming, why be forced by pointless traffic laws to drive around it clockwise if anti-clockwise gets you to where you want to be faster.

I can't see what could possibly go wrong and they'd bust congestion like anything!

This government has also proposed 80mph speed limits, new anti-middle lane hogging and undertaking laws, all of which have been successfully implemented.

Off topic - time for my medicine please nurse.
Whilst you're at it Nursey, better double Eric's dose.

So what traffic laws would you change?
All of this happens in Birmingham every day, the police just yawn and pretend it isn't happening.

Eric Pickles needs to do some driving in Brum if he's got the bollocks.

Worse driving than fucking Mumbai and Istanbul put together.

Big German cars have right of way over any cheap motorised vehicles, Joey-mobiles, horses and pedestrians.

Big German cars do not require to use indicators, but may use the horn more frequently

Big German cars have the right to ram anything off the road that costs 15k or less

Big German cars may also travel lower than the permitted speed, just to annoy the cheaper vehicles behind

All of this happens in Birmingham every day, the police just yawn and pretend it isn't happening.

Eric Pickles needs to do some driving in Brum if he's got the bollocks.

Worse driving than fucking Mumbai and Istanbul put together.
Which is to be expected once you accept that that's where most of them took their tests

Big German cars have right of way over any cheap motorised vehicles, Joey-mobiles, horses and pedestrians.

Big German cars do not require to use indicators, but may use the horn more frequently

Big German cars have the right to ram anything off the road that costs 15k or less

Big German cars may also travel lower than the permitted speed, just to annoy the cheaper vehicles behind
Right on the button!

I can't imagine what is motivating Eric to suggest something which would remove as much walking as possible from a visit to the pie shop. The next step will be to legislate for such shops to be fitted with steam-powered catapults to fire the scoff directly into his face when he pulls up outside.

Which is to be expected once you accept that that's where most of them took their tests
However it must be said that we have very few Turks in Brum.

The ones that come from the Indian Subcontinent insist on driving on the right hand side of the road despite India, Pakistan etc driving on the left.

This has caught on big time and most cars in Brum now drive with 3/4 of the vehicle over the helpful white lines in the middle of the road to the right.

Saw a taxi driver the other day who was actually driving his vehicle totally on the right.

The police don't do anything and I would hazard a guess that we have zero rated driving offences dealt with at the local court.

Birmingham welcomes drunk/drugged drivers, boy racers and the uninsured.

However it must be said that we have very few Turks in Brum.

The ones that come from the Indian Subcontinent insist on driving on the right hand side of the road despite India, Pakistan etc driving on the left.

This has caught on big time and most cars in Brum now drive with 3/4 of the vehicle over the helpful white lines in the middle of the road to the right.

Saw a taxi driver the other day who was actually driving his vehicle totally on the right.

The police don't do anything and I would hazard a guess that we have zero rated driving offences dealt with at the local court.

Birmingham welcomes drunk/drugged drivers, boy racers and the uninsured.
Which is why I only ever take the train into Brum these days. That and the £8 to park at the Bull Ring behind Selfridges