Eric Joyce - The gift that keeps on giving.....

NSP

LE
Agreed.

What is it with him?
If he gets sent down that's how many Labour MPs/ex-MPs who've collected a custodial in the last twenty years now...?

Fair enough. A man of considerable charm and talent and huge character flaws. His latest conviction is about as low as it gets. If he should take a short walk in the woods with a gun, that would be no loss.
I make it a rule not to feel sorry for people, and Joyce is no exception.
Charm and talent? Really?

Charm and talent? Really?
Not to me. I have always thought him repulsive. He somehow acquired qualifications (low bar, admittedly, I have a degree), persuaded some fool to give him a commission (again, low bar, never had one of them) and then persuade people to vote for him. And be feted in the press for his fearless plainspeaking. That takes some skill, reptilian ability and above all the wonderful ability to lead a charmed existence.
I‘m looking forward the equally reptilian India Knight telling us all about it in the papers.

I commissioned into the Education Branch of the AGC a few years after he’d been given the push and knew several officers who had served with him. Apart from one who thought he was a lovely chap and a fine politician (but otherwise had excellent judgement) everyone who had known him considered him to be an absolute hoofwanking spangletwat.

endure

GCM
I know this is from 2016, but is there an RLC pattern developing in outrageous behaviour & EP strikes again:

A DRUNKEN officer kissed a soldier on his bare backside at a party for a dare.​
Captain Alex Johnston also planted a smacker full on the lips of another squaddie.​
Johnston, 25 — sent home from the Arab state of Oman within 24 hours of his booze disgrace — has now been fined £2,500 and his military career is over.​
The Royal Logistic Corps officer was in charge of 20 soldiers at the Muscat Beach and Yacht Club on a day off from a parachute course.​
Prosecutor Lt Cdr Alex Ward told a court martial the bash got “more and more rowdy, like a rugby club”.
Johnston kissed a soldier on the mouth — then Royal Engineers Sapper Stephen Richards dared him to “lick my a***”.​
Lt Cdr Ward said other guests were in the bar as Richards, 19, dropped his trousers and the officer put his face between the cheeks of his bare bottom.​
Johnston later lurched off a coach vomiting and urinating in view of shoppers, the hearing at Colchester, Essex, was told.​
Judge Advocate Emma Peters said he behaved “in a loutish, disgraceful and totally reprehensible way”.​
Johnston, who quits the Army in March, admitted being drunk and disorderly.​
He was fined and given a severe reprimand. Richards was fined £400 but can stay in the Army.​

Just another Saturday night round here...

ACAB

LE
No, he'll be going down for this one. He's avoided custody for too many other offences now.
Yep, I fully concur. He's gone past the suspended sentence malarkey and will pick up a custodial.

Just another Saturday night round here...
If that RLC Capt was in the Cdo Logs Regt, no one would have given a shit. I remember seeing them pouring beer down the crack of someone's arrse while another willing participant lay underneath the exposed hairy hoop with an open mouth to receive the beer. No one batted an eyelid.

Tool

LE
If that RLC Capt was in the Cdo Logs Regt, no one would have given a shit. I remember seeing them pouring beer down the crack of someone's arrse while another willing participant lay underneath the exposed hairy hoop with an open mouth to receive the beer. No one batted an eyelid.
Gotta clean those gazunklenuts* off somehow, and you wouldn't want to waste any beer, would you?

*klingons dangleberries etc.

Try three blokes kneeling on the ground each with a pint pot under their ballbags, two guys kneeling on top of them with knees over arrse-cracks and one bloke keeling on top with beer being poured into his arrse-crack though the last captain of the rugby club's jockstrap. Next year's captain had to down the three pints...

Try three blokes kneeling on the ground each with a pint pot under their ballbags, two guys kneeling on top of them with knees over arrse-cracks and one bloke keeling on top with beer being poured into his arrse-crack though the last captain of the rugby club's jockstrap. Next year's captain had to down the three pints...
Rugby eh? And they say footballers are queer.

No: they say soccer players are a bunch of jessies.

The queer ones are arguably the toughest-minded of the lot.
Agreed - plenty of gays in rugby too.

Hardly surprising.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I never played for a rugby club that was either clever enough or sober enough to do something like that. Misbehaviour was generally limited to curling one out in the team bath, eating used tampons and the sexual abuse of the prettier backs by the front row.