Eric Joyce nicked again!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Countrylad, May 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He don't want to go to rehab.....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Place your bets...

Will the 'over-emotional' MP avoid prison this time, or will it be "go directly to jail, do not pass Go, do not collect £200"?

Wordsmith

3. The man is a weapons grade moron, alcohol-induced or not.

Expect contrition, abject apologies (with something thrown in about a planned residential course to treat his condition and 'reflect'), and three months of silence before he appears on the Police radar again. Hopefully for falling in front of a bus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Given his track history with expenses, I'm sure he'll manage to get the £200 somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Interesting question, one for the legal beagles. His previous two offences were in England, would that be taken into consideration by a Scottish prosecutor, despite those offences not being committed in Scotland?

6. Apparently he was unable to tell airport staff which flight he'd arrived on. Was he perhaps testing the asylum process?

7. Oh FFS. Incidentally I think I may hold the record for first person to nab Eric. I caught him sneaking up the school dinner queue when doing prefect duty and sent him back to the end ... I may even have mentioned this before ...

• Like Like x 12
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

There is form for Scots Labour MPs - anyone remember Ron Brown of the Mace swinging variety? He went down the drain due to drink and fuckwittery etc.

9. I think you could stop at Scots ...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Knowing what we know now, I fear you missed a golden opportunity to force feed him burgers and deep fried Mars bar in the hope in inducing a coronary before he left school.

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 1
  11. You can be sure he will collect £200+ in expenses wherever he goes!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Why, fairmaidofperth, you certainly don't look that old!

13. You have. Several times now.

14. You actually in the Army? Look around you. See anybody else fitting that bill?