Eric Joyce MP - Oh dear , another bit of "ex-soldier" bother

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RRFHASBEEN, Mar 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Certainly has that look of a bottle of scotch a night by myself about could say more but one doesn't want to find oneself on the naughty step.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I have made the point again and again [again and again ad nauseam, according to some] on these boards, that our Army is too readily dismissive of the possibility that talent and capability are available elsewhere than, and are not the preserve of the privately educated.

On the face of it - given his Fabian Society paper* that led to his sacking - it would not be unreasonable to expect me to be supportive of Eric.

The problem is that Eric's Fabian paper was complete bollox, written for the sole purpose of creating enough publicity to make him electable as soon as the Army sacked him.

This single, isolated, ex-non-combatant [ffs] has, for the foreseeable future, queered the pitch for well intentioned souls of similarly humble origins, aspiring to Commissioned service in the Army.

To some extent, at least.

Personally, I'd burn the bastard to death.

With a hand-held blowlamp.

Yes, I know he has problems.

None of them invulnerable to blowlamp therapy
  3. Would the right honorable member "getefeuckyabasa an stitch that". Are words I long to hear and probably only will if Scotland goes it alone. Then at least I know it will be said to Alex Salmond.