Ergo Concept 2; only player in town?

Or is there another rowing machine as good, but cheaperer?

TIA

BB

In this case I would go with the market leader, it will last your lifetime, it may be expensive but it extremely robust and does exactly what is needed of a rowing machine

Or is there another rowing machine as good, but cheaperer?

TIA

BB
Buy a pre-owned one and get it serviced? Sadly, there will probably be a few gyms out of business local to wherever you are who may need to offload kit.

Join a rowing club, don’t forget to buy the jumper, shorts and boaters. Bring the Pimms ya.

Join a rowing club, don’t forget to buy the jumper, shorts and boaters. Bring the Pimms ya.
My old school, Hampton, has one of the best school rowing teams in Europe if not the world.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
We have a S/H Concept 2 that cost £500 in good condition.

Nordic Track are good but also expensive.

JTX Freedom Air is cheap but a bit flimsy if you are of a larger frame.

You're getting what you pay for in terms of the build quality and durability. Ask yourself how much you're going to use it.

My old school, Hampton, has one of the best school rowing teams in Europe if not the world.

Are you far from there? Might be worth considering if you are not.

Spend a fortune on a rower that you might tire of quicker or do something totally different.

Obviously I don’t know your circumstances and don’t know which suits you best.

Where do you live? They are bloody loud - so if you)re in a flat I would get a waterrower instead,
I have a garage that already has weights and another brand of rower. The garage is on its own, so noise isn't an issue.

I have a garage that that I use as a BDSM dungeon. The garage is on its own, so noise isn't an issue.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

As to the rower. I grabbed used one off ebay when I was still in the UK. Just watched ebay till there was an out of the way bargain and pounced, it came from an elderly, retired couple who bought it new with lots of ideas, but then never used it. I had to drive up to somewhere north of Carlisle from Londinium for it, but worth it for the price. They cost a lot to ship and that puts people off if they can't just pop down the road to collect.

Buy a pre-owned one and get it serviced? Sadly, there will probably be a few gyms out of business local to wherever you are who may need to offload kit.
On ebay at the moment:

In Burnley, £375
Stoke, £350
Chippenham £395
Ascot £380
Welling £360

And loads more. Servicing is £60-100.

Concept 2 over every other similar machines.
Burns calories twice as fast as cycling, improves breathing.

Top kit

Therefore you have to put in twice as much effort.

I got a cheap rower from Decathlon that cost something like 300 quid. I snapped the foot plates within a few weeks of use. That was their top own branded rower so would avoid. Looking to get a water rower next. They seem to knock about the 800 mark so a bit cheaper than a concept 2.

A while back, Costco did a very good deal on a WaterRower (around £680 instead of £800).
I can't fault it and it is easy to stand it up against the wall if you need the space.

Don't use it as much as I should though.

My eBay purchase has just arrived.

Concept 2 Model D with PM5, just serviced and in very good nick, £625.

I'm very happy with it, it's lovely and smooth, thanks to all who commented.

Dan Gleebles

On ROPS
On ROPs

I was going to suggest an alternative, but didn't want to stick my oar in...

Ah, my straw boater and blazer.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer

I have a hand-down Model C / PM2 which has been through a lot of owners and still works perfectly, I've seen Model B's still happily working for years in bad conditions (outdoors in the sandbox etc), and rowing club Model D's that get tremendous abuse, are nearly 20 years old, and still work basically like new.

It is one of the few remaining brands in the 21st century which is worth buying for reliability and robustness.

Anyway, even if it builds up resistance as it gets older, you just get fitter!

Latest Threads