Equipment Diagrams?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Badger-dude101, Oct 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but it seems pretty suitable.

This weekend we completed Skill-at-arms 1-4, and I was wondering where i could get hold of the diagrams they used (in poorly-photocopied form) so that I can get some revision done.

Also, any other skill-at-arms related info (diagrams, info sheets, or whatever) would be muchly appreciated!

Cheers!

2. The problem you're going to have is that all the literature is restricted, mind you a quick search either here or on the internet in general may help.

Where are you doing your training and why didn't they provide you with handouts?

3. Really? During my time lurking these forums i'm sure i've seen at least a few diagrams floating around...

Training at Southampton OTC so they probably don;t see the point in issuing us with teh handouts. I copied most of them down in my notebook, but it would be nice to have proper copies

4. Try contacting your nearest RTC and ask for the phase 1 handouts from the ITW, you may get some joy from them.

5. If you are on the intranet go here with the pamphet number and search for it and get a electronic pdf copy, simple print screen and copy and paste in paint will be able to get the diagrams.

http://dlobicsvr007.dloas.r.mil.uk/tdol/

6. A Soldier's Pocket Book. One of my chums in OTC had this and it had the drawings for the parts of the SA80 in there. Very useful if you can't get your hands on the PAMs.

It has no doubt been updated in the mean time. The one I saw still spoke of rations in tins.